Badaling (simplified Chinese: 八达岭; traditional Chinese: 八達嶺; pinyin: Bādálǐng) is the site of the most visited section of the Great Wall of China, approximately 80 kilometres (50 mi) northwest of urban Beijing city in Yanqing District, which is within the Beijing municipality.
Beihai Park is a public park and former imperial garden located in the northwestern part of the Imperial City, Beijing. First built in the 11th century, it is among the largest of all Chinese gardens and contains numerous historically important structures, palaces, and temples.
The Beijing National Aquatics Center (simplified Chinese: 北京国家游泳中心; traditional Chinese: 北京國家游泳中心; pinyin: Běijīng guójiā yóuyǒng zhōngxīn), also officially known as the National Aquatics Center, and colloquially known as the Water Cube (Chinese: 水立方), is an aquatics center that was built alongside Beijing National Stadium in the Olympic Green for the swimming competitions of the 2008 Summer Olympics.
The Temple of Confucius at Beijing (simplified Chinese: 北京孔庙; traditional Chinese: 北京孔廟; pinyin: Běijīng Kǒngmiào) is the second largest Confucian Temple in China, after the one in Confucius' hometown of Qufu. The temple was built in 1302, and officials used it to pay their respects to Confucius until 1911.
Information and tools for traveling Beijing. Try our cute and amazingly easy to use Beijing Travel Planner! You can also find information on how to book a hotel, get air tickets, or find travel destinations. eBeijing>Travel>Sightseeing>Beijing Zoo Travelogues Beijing Subway Palace Museum Nanluogu Xiang Chang'an Grand Theater Lao She Teahouse ...
Behind the Meridian Gate, one can see five bridges with a square beyond. Occupying the centre of the northern side of this square is the Gate of Supreme Harmony (Taihemen). The Inner Golden River flows beneath the bridges which are consequently referred to as the Inner Golden River Bridges.
Beijing is the best destination to admire the Great Wall of China. Most famous Great Wall sections are located in its suburban areas, including the well-preserved Badaling and Mutianyu, the renovated Juyonguan, Jinshanling and Simatai, and wild Jiankou and Gubeikou.
What companies run services between Beijing, China and Gubeikou, China? There is no direct connection from Beijing to Gubeikou. However, you can take the bus to Bcia T3, take the bus to Jiaozhuanghu Memorial Museum of Tunnel Warfare Site, then take the taxi to Gubeikou.
After visiting the Gate of Supreme Harmony (Taihemen), one will see the Hall of Supreme Harmony (Taihedian) across a spacious square, which covers 30,000 square meters. Standing on a three-tier marble terrace, this grandest timber framework ever in China is overwhelming.
Jiankou Great Wall is one of the most dangerous and wild Great Wall sections. It is also the most photographed section due to its precipitous mountains, unique construction style, and attractive scenery; many of the Great Wall photos published recently are taken here.
Long Corridor is an architecture in Beijing. The Long Corridor is a covered walkway in the Summer Palace in Beijing, China. First erected in the middle of the 18th century, it is famous for its length in conjunction with its rich painted decoration .
Longevity Hill The Longevity Hill was originally called the Wengshan Hill. It was renamed by Emperor Qianlong in 1752, during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), when he constructed the garden. The hill is about 60 meters (196.9 feet) high and houses many buildings positioned in sequence.
The mausoleum was built soon after Mao's death on September 9, 1976. The groundbreaking ceremony took place November 24, 1976, and the mausoleum was completed on May 24, 1977. Hua Guofeng, who supervised the mausoleum project, has his handwriting on the mausoleum's sign.
White Dagoba at Miaoying Temple in Beijing Located inside Fucheng Gate in Beijing, the temple was built in 1096 during the Liao Dynasty. According to historical accounts, the first pagoda, built during the Liao Dynasty, contained Buddhist relics, rosaries, little stupas made of fragrant clay, Dharani scriptures, and other objects.
The Monument to the People's Heroes, together with Tiananmen and Zhengyangmen form a harmonious and consistent building complex. On September 30 of 1949, the first China People's Political Consultant Conference brought up the idea of building a monument in Beijing, capital of China, o commemorate the people's heroes in modern Chinese history.
Nanluoguxiang (Chinese: 南锣鼓巷; pinyin: nánluógǔxiàng) is a narrow alley, that gives its name to an old part of the Beijing city centre, that has traditional architecture both new and old. The neighborhood contains many typical narrow streets known as hutong.
The Old Summer Palace, known in Chinese as Yuanming Yuan (圆明园; 圓明園; Yuánmíng Yuán; "Gardens of Perfect Brightness"), and originally called the Imperial Gardens (御园; 御園; Yù Yuán), was a complex of palaces and gardens in present-day Haidian District, Beijing, China.
Palace of Heavenly Purity. ᡤᡠᠩ;Möllendorff:kiyan cing gung) is a palace in the Forbidden City in Beijing, China. It is the largest of the three halls of the Inner Court (the other two being the Hall of Union and the Palace of Earthly Tranquility), located at the northern end of the Forbidden City.
The dwelling is a traditional courtyard mansion of a style that was so popular in imperial Beijing. The complex covers a total area of 60,000 square meters (14.9 acres). Just over half of the Prince Gong Mansion is the residential portion, while the remainder is devoted to an ornamental garden to the rear.
Ancient Shichahai surrounded by temples On a map of Beijing which marks the fourth and fifth ring roads and even the sixth ring road now under construction, only limited water areas can be seen. But interestingly enough, all these water areas have the name "hai" meaning sea e.g, Beihai, Zhongnanhai and Shichahai.
What companies run services between Beijing, China and Simatai, China? There is no direct connection from Beijing to Simatai. However, you can take the bus to Bcia T3, take the bus to Jiaozhuanghu Memorial Museum of Tunnel Warfare Site, then take the taxi to Simatai.
The Temple of Heaven (Chinese: 天壇; pinyin: Tiāntán; Manchu: ᠠᠪᡴᠠᡳ ᠮᡠᡴᡩᡝᡥᡠᠨ; Möllendorff: abkai mukdehun) is an imperial complex of religious buildings situated in the southeastern part of central Beijing. The complex was visited by the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties for annual ceremonies of prayer to Heaven for good harvest.
The Yonghe Temple, also known as the Yonghe Lamasery, or popularly as the Lama Temple, is a temple and monastery of the Gelug school of Tibetan Buddhism located in Dongcheng District, Beijing, China. The building and artwork of the temple is a combination of Han Chinese and Tibetan styles.
The gate is situated to the south of Tiananmen Square and once guarded the southern entry into the Inner City. Although much of Beijing's city walls were demolished, Zhengyangmen remains an important geographical marker of the city. The city's central north-south axis passes through Zhengyangmen's main gate.
The Zhongshan Park (Chinese: 中山公园/中山公園), is a former imperial altar and now a public park that lies just southwest of the Forbidden City in the Imperial City, Beijing. Of all the gardens and parks surrounding the Forbidden City, such as the Beihai and Jingshan, Zhongshan is arguably the most centrally located of them all.