Lebanon features several important Paleolithic sites associated with Neanderthals. These include Adloun, Chekka Jdidé, El-Masloukh, Ksar Akil, Nahr Ibrahim and Naame. Jbail is a well-known archaeological site, also known as ancient Byblos (the name assigned by the Ancient Greeks and derived from the word biblio), a Phoenician seaport, where the tomb of Ahiram and the other Byblian royal inscriptions were found.
Beirut Art Center opened to public in January 2009. It is managed as a non-profit organization whose founders and executive board members are: Sandra Dagher, Lamia Joreige, Nathalie Khoury, Rabih Mroué and Maria Ousseimi The project roots in the growing interest to local contemporary art.
The Beirut Central District (BCD) or Centre Ville is the name given to Beirut’s historical and geographical core, the “vibrant financial, commercial, and administrative hub of the country.” At the heart of Lebanon’s capital, Beirut Central District (BCD) is an area thousands of years old, traditionally a focus of business, finance, culture and leisure.
Housed inside the Villa Salem, Dar el-Nimer for Arts & Culture is on the corner of Justinian and America Street in Clemenceau, the Trad Hospital next to its entrance. Lucien Cavro was the architect in charge of the house built in the 1930s. Cavro, who spent a life-time in the Middle East, was also responsible for the transformation of Henry Pharaon’s neo-gothic palace – where now the Robert Mouawad Private Museum is housed.
The earliest traces of habitation date from the Stone Age when the area, now known as Beirut, was in fact two islands in the delta of the Beirut River. Later, when the river silted up, the area became one landmass. It seems likely that the area has been continuously occupied throughout prehistory. Its location is favorable with fresh water and abundant fish from the sea.
>> Visit Lebanon >> Beirut >> Sights and Activities Corniche and Raouche Beirut The 10-kilometer long al-Manara Corniche, the seafront promenade named after the lighthouse, is lined with palm trees and runs all the way from Ain al-Mreisse until past Raouche.
BEIRUT, May 14, 2018 -- The Murr Tower in Beirut is decorated by the Lebanese street artist Jad Khoury with sun clothes in Beirut, Lebanon, May 14, 2018. The Tower is a famous symbol of the Lebanese civil war (1975-1990). Its construction began in 1974, a year before the beginning of the civil war, and until now this about 40-storeys building is still being abandoned.
Named in honor of the Lebanese poet and philosopher Khalil Gibran, this public garden, which is 6,000-square-meters wide, is located in the Centre Ville area of Beirut, facing the UN House that houses ESCWA, the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia.
The lighthouse has since been repaired. Note: light lists still describe the older lighthouse. Members of the Chebli family have been keepers of all Beirut's lighthouses since the beginning. Located on the point of Ra's (Cape) Bayrut, on the Beirut Corniche, about 400 m (1/4 mi) northwest of the former lighthouse.
Coordinates: 33°53′46.86″N 35°30′25.31″E / 33.8963500°N 35.5070306°E / 33.8963500; 35.5070306 The "Old Opera House" on Martyrs' Square Martyrs' Square (French: Place des Martyrs and Arabic: ساحة الشهداء Sahet el Shouhada) is a square in the heart of downtown Beirut, Lebano
Nejmeh Square, Place de l'Étoile, is home to the Lebanese Parliament, its complementary Deputies’ office building, two cathedrals, a crypt museum, plus several cafés and restaurants. The square is a recognizable icon of Beirut, most notable for its Art Deco architecture.
Raouché (Arabic: الروشة , translit. ar-Rawše) is a residential and commercial neighborhood in Beirut, Lebanon. It is known for its upscale apartment buildings, numerous restaurants, and cliff-side cafés that line Avenue de Paris, which forms part of the Corniche Beirut.
The René Moawad Garden (French: Jardin René Moawad) is located in the Sanayeh district of Beirut, Lebanon. The garden is one of the oldest public open-air spaces in the capital. Khalil Pasha (1864-1923), commander of the Turkish Sixth Army during World War I ordered the creation of the garden in 1907.
Saint George Maronite Cathedral (Arabic: كاتدرائية مار جرجس للموارنة ) is the cathedral of the Maronite Catholic Archeparchy of Beirut, Archdiocese of the city of Beirut, Lebanon. Its construction, with a Neoclassical facade, interior and plan inspired by the Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore, began in 1884 and ended in 1894.
The AUB Archaeological Museum is the third oldest museum in the Near East, after Cairo and Constantinople. The initial donation for the construction of a science building to be named Post Hall was given by Morris Jessup, in gratitude to George E. Post, professor of botany and surgery, for curing him. The Museum opened in 1902.
Saad & Trad SAL in Beirut, Beyrouth, categorized as Auto Parts Store,Car Dealer,Mechanic located in Achrafieh, Beirut 1100 2806, Lebanon. Here you can read and write consumer reviews and articles, and view map, photos and videos shared by customers about Saad & Trad SAL in Beirut, Beyrouth.