Gallery Museum. The ar/ge kunst Gallery Museum of Bolzano is situated in the Via Museo near the South Tyrolean Archaeological Museum. The Gallery Museum presents a year up to 7 show regional and international artists. In 2015 ar/ge kunst celebrates thirty years since its foundation in 1985.
The Victory Monument is a monument in Bolzano, northern Italy, erected on the personal orders of Benito Mussolini in South Tyrol, which had been annexed from Austria after World War I. The 19 metre wide Victory Gate was designed by architect Marcello Piacentini and substituted the former Austrian Kaiserjäger monument, torn down in 1926–27.
video: Castel Boymont in Appiano as seen from above The ruin of Castel Boymont, one of the castles you come across in the “Three Castles Hike” in Appiano, as seen from above. Castel Boymont dates back to High Middle Ages and is located above Missiano on a forested rock spur.
Bolzano has many castles as well, which not only represent an embellishment, but the soul of the city itself. Check out the opening hours. Messner Mountain Museum Firmian. Firmian castle is clearly the centre stage of the extraordinary Mountain Museum project by mountaineer Reinhold Messner.
The Chiesa dei Domenicani (German: Dominikanerkirche) is a medieval church in Bolzano/Bozen, South Tyrol, northern Italy. The church, one of the earliest examples of Gothic architecture in Tyrol, was founded by the Dominicans after their arrival, in a location that was then outside the city's walls.
Chiesa di San Giovanni in Villa. La chiesa di San Giovanni dell'antico nucleo di Villa - Dorf a Bolzano, attestato archeologicamente dalla tarda antichità, è di origini romaniche (consacrazione nel 1180). Probabilmente la chiesa è più antica. L'originario impianto romanico fu parzialmente trasformata nel XIV secolo.
The Museum informs about movie- and tv-tecnology of the local cinema’s history. It presents projection machines of the past, video cameras, editing machines, flatbed editors, projectors, films etc. as well as historic documents, posters and documentary films.
Civic Museum Since 24 November 2011 the Civic Museum in Bolzano has been displaying part of its collections in six rooms situated on the first floor and on the top floor turret. This temporary display, with viewing restrictions, is intended as a first step towards returning to the museum in its entirety to the city.
The Eisack (German: Eisack; Italian: Isarco; Latin: Isarus or Isarcus) is a river in Northern Italy, the second largest river in South Tyrol. Its source is near the Brenner Pass, at an altitude of about 1990 m above sea level. The river draws water from an area of about 4,200 km². After about 96 km, it joins the Adige river south of Bolzano.
This building, formerly the convent of the Dominicans from 1276 to 1790, was used during the First World War as an (Austrian) imperial military hospital. Here in August 1916 the regimental surgeon Dr. Lorenz Boehler began modern trauma surgery.
Museion, the museum for modern and contemporary art in Bolzano, was founded in 1985 and is funded by the Fondazione Museion, which is made up of the Associazione Museion and the autonomous Province of Bolzano. 2008 saw the opening of the new Museion building designed by Berlin-based architects KSV – Krueger, Schuberth, Vandreike.
The Franciscan Friary, Bolzano (German: Franziskanerkloster, Bozen; Italian: Convento dei Francescani, Bolzano) is a Franciscan friary in the city of Bolzano, in South Tyrol, northern Italy. It was founded in 1221, less than a century after Bolzano was refounded as a trading centre on the important Brenner route connecting the March of Verona and Italy with the Holy Roman Empire north of The Alps.
A second bathing lake is located next to the Großer Montiggler See lake, nestling in the Montiggler Wald forest. The Kleiner Montiggler See lake is a favourite destination for sunbathers and bathing enthusiasts seeking peace and relaxation. Upon arrival, choose from bathing, relaxing, boating or heading off for a stroll.
Muri Abbey (Kloster Muri) was a Benedictine monastery dedicated to Saint Martin of Tours. It flourished for over eight centuries at Muri, in the Canton of Aargau, near Basle in Switzerland. It is currently established as Muri-Gries in South Tyrol, formerly a part of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, now a part of Italy.
Plattner Bienenhof der Gramm AG / della Gramm SpA Wolfsgruben 15 – 39054 Oberbozen / Ritten (BZ) Costalovara 15 – 39054 Soprabolzano / Renon (BZ) MwSt. Nr. / P.Iva 01196320210 - R.E.A. n. BZ 106385 Rechtssitz: Mitterweg 14 – 39100 Bozen Sede legale: Via di Mezzo ai Piani 14 – 39100 Bolzano Ges.kap. v.e. / cap. Soc. 4.160.000 i.v.
The Old Parish Church of Gries was until 1788 the parish church of the formerly independent municipality of Gries, which today forms part of the Gries-San Quirino district of Bolzano, South Tyrol. The Late Gothic church contains several precious works of art.
<p><b>Parco del Valentino</b> is a popular public park in <a href="/pages/w/109706045715415">Turin</a>, <a href="/pages/w/113396132004585">Italy</a>. It is located along the west bank of the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po_" class="wikipedia">Po river</a>.
Treuenstein Castle (German: Burgruine Treuenstein locally also known as G'scheibter Turm; Italian: Torre Druso) is a medieval fortification on the outskirts of Bolzano in South Tyrol, northern Italy. Located in the borough of Gries, it was built between 1276 and 1278 by Meinhard, Count of Tyrol for his trusted vassal Friedrich, a burgher from Bolzano.
Today the Via Claudia Augusta is an important route used by cyclists to cross the Alps. It starts in Donauwörth (Germany) and branches near Trento into two routes. The first and historically correct route ends in Ostiglia, the second and more popular one in Venice.