The Bratislava City Museum has 11 thematic museums, mostly in the historical center. Exceptions are Devin Castle and the Ancient Gerulata Museum in Rusovce. The first thematically installed exhibitions may have originated in the 20s – 30s on the premises of the Old Town Hall, in Apponyi House and the birthplace of Johann Nepomuk Hummel.
Center of folk art Exhibition place for young Slovak designers oriented on traditional crafts and folk production. The philosophy of this Center is based on the need to draw attention to original Slovak designs with an innovative approach to the folk tradition.
Bratislava’s newest major gallery opened in September 2000, at a dramatic site on a peninsula jutting out into the Danube River, about 15 kilometres south of the city centre. The Danubiana Meulensteen Art Museum is named after the river that surrounds it, and its sponsor, the Dutch collector and art patron Gerard H. Meulensteen.
Devín castle is one of the oldest castles in Slovakia. The castle was likely first mentioned in written sources in 864, when Louis the German besieged Prince Rastislav in one of the frequent wars between the Franks and Great Moravia respectively in the "castle of Dowina".
Two chapels and a Franciscan monastery from the 14th century stand adjacent to the church. One of them, the St. John the Evangelist Chapel, contains a crypt of the family of Jakub, an important Mayor (Slovak: richtár) of Pressburg (Bratislava), modelled after the French Sainte Chapelle. The spacious rooms of the monastery have been used for meetings, mayoral elections and sessions of the Regional Parliament.
The monumental building of the Bratislava Castle is visible from a great distance. Certainly, every visitor of Bratislava notices the pronounced silhouette. The majestic impression is enhanced by the hill it stands on, some eighty-five metres above the water level of the Danube river.
Zbierka Galérie Nedbalka bola vybudovaná za rekordné obdobie dvoch rokov milovníkmi umenia a zberateľmi Arturom Bartoškom a Petrom Paškom. Niektoré kľúčové diela sú verejnosti sprístupnené predovšetkým vďaka pánom Patrikovi Geržovi a Bohumilovi Hanzelovi, ktorí diela uvoľnili zo svojich kolekcií.
The Rococo-style “House of the Good Shepherd” is one of the few buildings in the area below Bratislava Castle surviving in its original state from earlier times. It was built in 1760 – 1765. The lower part was used for commercial and production purposes, the upper parts were a living area.
The Kamzík TV Tower is a 196-metre (643 ft) tall television transmission tower in the Koliba area of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. The tower sits 437 m (1,434 ft) above sea level on the Kamzík hill, part of the Little Carpathians, overlooking much of the city.
At the top of the tower is a statue of the archangel Michael, slaying a dragon. Entrance to the tower is via the Museum of Arms; look for the replica cannon at ground level. On the street that passes through the gate is the so-called “zero kilometre” plate, listing the distances of 29 world capitals from Bratislava.
Freemap.sk: mapa Mapový portál GKU: katastrálna mapa Most SNP (od roku 1993 do 28. augusta 2012 Nový most) je jednopylónový, oceľový, cestný, zavesený most vejárového dizajnu cez Dunaj v Bratislave. Je to jediný most v Bratislave, ktorý nemá žiadny pilier v prúde rieky Dunaj, čím je to bratislavský most s najväčším ...
Horský Park (Horský Park) Old Town on the foothills near the Bratislava Castle and the Slavín monument. The park covers an area of 22 hectares and it was established in 1868 by the Mayor of Bratislava Henrich Justi in an area called "Študentský les" (Student Forest).
Bratislava – Museum of Jewish Culture Located in the Zsigray Mansion, the sole surviving house of Bratislava’s former Judengasse (Jewish Street), the Museum of Jewish Culture is the only reminder of the historic Jewish neighborhood razed in the 1960s, when the SNP Bridge was constructed.
The Trinitarian Church or Trinity Church, full name Church of Saint John of Matha and Saint Felix of Valois (Slovak: Kostol trinitárov, Trinitársky kostol or Trojičný kostol or Kostol svätého Jána z Mathy a svätého Felixa z Valois; incorrectly Holy Trinity Church (Kostol Najsvätejšej Trojice)), is a Baroque-style church in Bratislava's Old Town borough, on the Župné námestie square.
The building normally houses the Bratislava City Museum, the oldest in the city (1868). When open, the museum features an exhibition of the feudal justice system, as well as the remarkable interior of the town hall building and original furnishings from the municipal court.
Bratislava is the ideal starting point for a trip to the Pajštún Castle next the village Borinka in the Malé Karpaty Mts. The castle was first mentioned in the document from 1273. In the past, it was one of the frontier castles built in the Malé Karpaty Mts. in the 13th century to protect the north-western frontiers of the Kingdom of Hungary.
Palffy Palace This palace was built in the middle of the 19th century by Count Jan Pálffy, who was then Bratislava’s highest official. During the most recent reconstruction, archaeologists uncovered the remains of a Gothic 13th-century house with a 14th-century tower.
The Primate’s Palace is one of the most beautiful classicist buildings in Slovakia. Portraits of Hungarian rulers are exhibited in the picture gallery. An impressive part of the gallery is a collection of six tapestries found in the reconstruction of the palace.
The Roland Fountain (sometimes referred to as Maximilian Fountain; Slovak: Rolandova fontána or Maximiliánova fontána) is the most famous fountain in Bratislava, Slovakia, as well as one of the city's important landmarks. It is located in the Old Town, in the Main Square.
Sandberg je významná paleontologická lokalita, nachádzajúca sa na území mestskej časti Devínska Nová Ves, Bratislava. Leží na severozápadnom okraji chránenej krajinnej oblasti Malé Karpaty a je súčasťou Národnej prírodnej rezervácie Devínska Kobyla. Lokalita bola objavená pri ťažbe piesku.
Vitajte na zámku Schloss Hof! Ponorte sa do fascinujúceho sveta baroka a potešte sa krásou vidieckeho sídla princa Eugena na Moravskom poli. Preklikajte sa nádherným zámkom, veľkolepými barokovými záhradami a idylickým veľkostatkom plným rôznych rastlín a zvierat a objavte tak rozmanitú ponuku zámku Schloss Hof.
The area around Slavín is also a pleasant place for a walk. It is set in a wealthy district of the city, in which established villas from the Austro-Hungarian and interwar periods mix with the newer edifices of the Slovak nouveau riche; nearby are the woods of Horský Park.
The Slovak National Gallery is preparing an exhibition about two household names of Czech and Slovak modern art, Emil Filla (1882 - 1953) and Ľudovít Fulla (1902 - 1980), as part of the Made in Czechoslovakia project dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the foundation of Czechoslovakia.
The Slovak National Museum is the largest cultural institution in Slovakia. Museum preserves more than 3.8 million collection items and it administers several dozen of objects. The Slovak National Museum covers eighteen types of specialized museums in all parts of Slovakia.
The St Martin's Cathedral (Slovak: Katedrála svätého Martina, Hungarian: Szent Márton-dóm or Koronázó templom, German: Kathedrale des Heiligen Martin) is a church in Bratislava, Slovakia, and the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Bratislava. It is situated at the western border of the historical city center below Bratislava Castle.
The museum is located in a railway track area of the first Bratislava's station of steam-engine railway from the 19th century and the adjacent storehouses. It can be accessed via a pedestrian overpass over Šancová Street or alternatively via a curved road from the corner of Šancová and Pražská Streets.
the observation deck This very special attraction offers a panoramic view up to the distance of 100 km. One could be surprised about the fact that this impressive building is not so new despite its design – it was officially opened as the second bridge over the Danube in Bratislava already in 1972.