brockton fire museum Opened in May of 1992, the Brockton Fire Museum was constructed for the purpose of preserving the proud history of fire fighting in the Brockton area. The artfully designed building, with wide pumpkin pine floors and subdued lighting, effectively conveys the atmosphere of a classic Brockton fire station during Victorian times.
Designed in 1925, the park's winding roads and paths allow visitors to take in the idyllic waterways and lush vegetation encompassing the seven-mile stretch of land. The park is named after Brockton merchant, farmer, and shoemaker, Daniel Waldo Field, who donated the land to the city to be used as open space.
Halloran Park Just off of Leach and Pierce Streets is a quiet little haven for families, young and old. Stoughton's is beautifully maintained (by the Stoughton Public Works Department) and offers ample space for various activities and is conducive for all age ranges of kids.
Until 1972, when Jordan Marsh closed the display, a trip to The Village was a traditional event. A Tradition in Jeopardy The Enchanted Village remained closed from 1972 until its rebirth in 1990. Then, in 1998, when Macy’s purchased Jordan Marsh, the Village was sold to the City of Boston for a City Hall Plaza display.
Leveille’s dig turned up 362 pieces of cultural material on the Pond Street site while 416 pieces were located closer to the pond at the Robbins Pond site — representing what he said were most likely families of American Indians living in the Robbins Pond area rather than just hunting parties.