The house that graces the front cover of American Football’s landmark self-titled album is available to rent. The location of the house, which is just a short walk from the University Of Illinois’ Champaign-Urbana campus, has been known for a while, but a Craigslist ad has recently appeared listing the house as available for the upcoming school year.
Established in 1909, Carle Park is Urbana’s third oldest park. The land was donated by Mrs. Margaret Carle Morris in memory of her first husband. Albert G. Carle. Carle Park became home to Lorado Taft's "Lincoln the Lawyer" bronze statue in 1927. The piece is located near the walkway that links the park with Urbana High School to the east.
The City Manager's Office oversees the overall day-to-day operation of the City, within the policy guidance of the City Council. Building Safety Division The Building Safety Division of the Champaign Fire Department is responsible for ensuring the enforcement of City codes relating to building construction.
To the north, the park hosts the Anita Purves Nature Center, Busey Woods, and Crystal Lake Park Family Aquatic Center. To the south, visitors will find the Lake House, a playground, and the Labyrinth. You’ll find both rentable and first come pavilions. Crystal Lake Park is home to many special events, summer camp programs and more.
Copyright University of Illinois. Copyright of this image is managed by the University Archives or we have been unable to identify the copyright holder. Please contact us if you would like to purchase a high-res copy of the image, to inquire about permissions for publication, or if you can help use identify the copyright holder.
Aerial of Hartley Selection Gardens looking southwest. (Image courtesy of the UI office of Public Affairs) Viewed from the air, the Hartley Selections Garden is a geometric gem of late-summer blossoms, emerald grass and pale walkways, enclosed by hedges and avenues of trees.
About the Park: King Park was initially established in 1967 and has been expanded in acreage through a series adjacent land acquisitions. It is located northeast and adjacent to King School. The park is named after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and since its beginnings, has been characterized by active neighbor and community involvement.
Krannert Art Museum and Kinkead Pavilion (KAM) connects people and the arts at the University of Illinois. The second-largest general fine arts museum in the state, KAM has a rich collection of fine art from across the globe, from the fourth millennium BCE to the present day.
Leal Park became an Urbana City Park in 1903. The Greek Revival Cottage, built around 1854, was originally located somewhere in the vicinity of Broadway in Urbana, where there are similar cottages. The owner came from Urbana in Champaign County, Ohio, as did many other local settlers.
The barns at the University of Illinois were instrumental in round barn era. In Illinois, at least one round barn was built with direct inspiration from the U of I round barns. The first barn was built around 1907 or 1908 and was known as the Twenty Acre Dairy Barn; it was erected at a cost of US$3,200.