Darlington's most famous landmark, the clock tower, was a gift to the town by the industrialist Joseph Pease in 1864. The clock's face was produced by T. Cooke & Sons of York, and the tower bells were cast by John Warner & Sons of nearby Norton-on-Tees.
Drinkfield Marsh is an 8 hectare (20 acre) site managed as a local nature reserve (LNR) surrounded by housing and industry and is located to the north of Darlington. The site is an important popular and attractive area of wild space. A large shallow 2 hectares lake is bordered by common reed and bullrush.
Head of Steam museum is devoted to the area formerly served by the North Eastern Railway and the railway industry of Darlington. Head of Steam museum is devoted to the area formerly served by the North Eastern Railway and the railway industry of Darlington.
Low Dinsdale Manor is a privately owned, much altered, and extended medieval manor house situated on the north bank of the River Tees at Low Dinsdale, near Darlington, County Durham, England. It is a Grade II* listed building. The manor was owned by the Surtees family from the 12th century.
Stanwick Iron Age Fortifications (also known as 'Stanwick Camp'), a huge Iron Age hill fort, sometimes but not always considered an oppidum, comprising over 9 kilometers (5.6 mi) of ditches and ramparts enclosing approximately 300 hectares (700 acres) of land, are situated in Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, England.