The Ambassador Bridge (French: Pont Ambassadeur) is a suspension bridge that connects Detroit, Michigan, United States, with Windsor, Ontario, Canada. It is the busiest international border crossing in North America in terms of trade volume: more than 25% of all merchandise trade between the United States and Canada crosses the toll bridge.
The Belle Isle Aquarium is a public aquarium located in Belle Isle Park in Detroit, Michigan. Designed by noted architects George D. Mason and Albert Kahn, it opened on August 18, 1904, and was the oldest continually operating public aquarium in North America when it closed on April 3, 2005.
Formed in the fall of 2011, through a merger of four existing nonprofits - Friends of Belle Isle, Belle Isle Botanical Society, Belle Isle Women's Committee and Friends of the Belle Isle Aquarium — the new Conservancy, in partnership with the City of Detroit, will bring more private and public resources to our beautiful island park.
Belle Isle Park, more commonly known simply as Belle Isle (/ b ɛ l ˈ aɪ ə l /), is a 982-acre (1.534 sq mi; 397 ha) island park in the Detroit River between Michigan and Ontario. The U.S.-Canada border is in the channel south of Belle Isle such that the island is not in Canada.
Cadillac Place, formerly the General Motors Building, is a landmark high-rise office complex located at 3044 West Grand Boulevard in the New Center area of Detroit, Michigan. It was renamed for the French founder of Detroit, Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac.
Campus Martius Detroit Petanque Club. Join the fun with Detroit Petanque Club weekdays at Campus Martius Park! The seasoned veterans are more than willing to teach newcomers the art of Petanque. The game has a striking similarity to bocce where players toss or roll a hollow steel ball toward a smaller wooden ball.
The Detroit Institute of Music Education at 1265 Griswold St in Capitol Park The Capitol Park Historic District is a historic district located in downtown Detroit, Michigan. It is roughly bounded by Grand River, Woodward and Michigan Avenues, and Washington Boulevard.
Corktown is a historic district located just west of Downtown Detroit, Michigan.It is the oldest extant neighborhood in the city. The current boundaries of the district include I-75 to the north, the Lodge Freeway to the east, Bagley and Porter streets to the south, and Rosa Parks Boulevard (12th Street) to the west.
Detroit RiverWalk Description View Trail Map Along its 3.5-mile route, the RiverWalk offers breathtaking views of the Detroit River and city skyline. Recreational opportunities abound as the trail links Milliken State Park and numerous plazas and pocket parks. The 31-acre state park offers covered picnic areas, shoreline fishing, and a great photo opportunity with its 63-foot-tall lighthouse.
The Edsel & Eleanor Ford House experience is an authentic witness to the past that inspires, educates and engages visitors through exploration of its unique connections to art, design, history and the environment, while celebrating family traditions and community relationships.
The Fox Theatre is a performing arts center located at 2211 Woodward Avenue in Downtown Detroit, Michigan, near the Grand Circus Park Historic District. Opened in 1928 as a flagship movie palace in the Fox Theatres chain, it was at over 5,000 seats the largest theater in the city.
The Grand Circus Park Historic District contains the 5-acre (2.0 ha) Grand Circus Park in Downtown Detroit, Michigan that connects the theatre district with its financial district. It is bisected by Woodward Avenue, four blocks north of Campus Martius Park, and is roughly bounded by Clifford, John R. and Adams Streets.
The Guardian Building is a landmark skyscraper in the United States, located at 500 Griswold Street in Downtown Detroit, Michigan, within the Financial District. The Guardian is a class-A office building owned by Wayne County, Michigan and serves as its headquarters.
"Hitsville U.S.A." is the nickname given to Motown's first headquarters. A former photographers' studio located at 2648 West Grand Boulevard in Detroit, Michigan, approaching the New Center area, it was purchased by Motown founder Berry Gordy in 1959.
The Michigan Science Center is located in Midtown Detroit’s cultural center, a beautiful area of the city with other cultural icons like the Detroit Institute of Arts and Wayne State University. The Detroit Convention and Visitors Bureau’s website, is an excellent resource for information on local hotels, restaurants and attractions in the Metro Detroit area.
The Soldiers and Sailors Monument is among Detroit’s oldest pieces of public art and was one of the first monuments to honor Civil War veterans in the United States. It was announced by Gov. Austin Blair in 1865 that money would be collected to erect a tribute to Michigan’s soldiers killed in battle.
The mission of the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit is to present art at the forefront of contemporary culture. As a non-collecting institution, MOCAD is responsive to the cultural content of our time, fueling crucial dialogue, collaboration, and public engagement.
Palmer Park is a 296-acre (120 ha) public park next to Detroit, Michigan's Palmer Park Apartment Building Historic District. It is named for U.S. Senator Thomas Witherell Palmer, who initially created the park when he donated 140-acre (57 ha) for a city park in 1893 on the condition that the virgin forest be preserved.
Philip A. Hart Plaza in downtown Detroit, is a city plaza along the Detroit River. It is located more or less on the site at which Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac landed in 1701 when he founded Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit, the settlement that became Detroit.
The Polk Penguin Conservation Center received the 2017 Exhibit Award from the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA). The award is the top honor bestowed annually upon accredited institutions for excellence in exhibit design by the AZA, the accrediting body for zoos and aquariums in the U.S. and seven other countries worldwide.
Rivard Plaza is home to many of the east riverfront’s most popular highlights, including the lovely Cullen Family Carousel, an in-laid granite map of the Detroit River, a standing glass sculptured map of the St. Lawrence Seaway, a children’s playscape, playful fountains and lush landscaping.
The Henry Ford (also known as the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation and Greenfield Village, and more formally [clarification needed] as the Edison Institute) is a large indoor and outdoor history museum complex and a National Historic Landmark in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn, Michigan, United States.
The Uniroyal Giant Tire was created by the Uniroyal Tire Company for the 1964 New York World's Fair, where it functioned as a Ferris wheel. Since 1966 it has served as a static display in Allen Park, Michigan, alongside Interstate 94, between the Southfield Freeway interchange and Outer Drive overpass.
The Windsor Sculpture Park, formerly known as the Odette Sculpture Park, is an open space in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, that shows 35 large-scale contemporary sculptures by world-renowned artists including Elisabeth Frink, Gerald Gladstone, and Sorel Etrog.