In 1930 pioneer businessman W.E. Adams founded the Adams Museum in downtown Deadwood with the purpose of preserving and displaying the history of the Black Hills. He donated the building to the City of Deadwood and placed the operation of the organization in the hands of a board of directors.
Situated on a mountainous plateau overlooking Deadwood Gulch is historic Mt. Moriah Cemetery. Established in 1878 by the Lawrence County Commission, Mt. Moriah is the final resting place of western legends, murderers, madams, and pillars of Deadwood’s early economic development. The cemetery is more than just a graveyard.
The bus tour though, does take place on Ellsworth Air Force Base, and due to security requirements set by the United States government and U.S. Air Force, bus tour guests must show a driver’s license, Military ID, state issued ID or passport that is compliant with the Real ID Act passed by Congress.