Bernardo Mountain Summit Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.
Ignore the arrow and keep right along the river along Copper Creek Trail! This is the correct path to the waterfall. - I would go after a rain storm to get a better viewing of the waterfall, the creek, and the lush green overgrowth. - This is called The Copper Creek Trail. There is no Copper Creek Falls Trail.
Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve Mission Statement: Olivenhain Municipal Water District is devoted to the safe operation of Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve and to providing all visitors with a unique recreational, educational, and environmental experience.
Felicita Creek flows through the park. It runs year-round, providing water for plants, trees and local wildlife, and contributing to the park’s natural beauty. The park features 2.5 miles of multi-use non-motorized trails, seven reservable picnic areas, two playgrounds, a small park museum and restrooms.
Forgotten Barrel now occupies the former Ferrara Winery, which was designated a California historic point of interest in the late 1970’s and a historic site by the city of Escondido in 1989. The winery, was established in 1886 as one of San Diego county and Southern California’s first vineyards.
Escondido, CA 92027 760-839-4691 Open 8:00 a.m. to dusk, except for permitted lighted activities. PLEASE NOTE: THE PLAYING FIELDS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED EXCEPT FOR SCHEDULED EVENTS. PLEASE RESPECT THE CLOSURES, AND ALLOW THE TURF TO REGENERATE. THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION. Frances Ryan Park contains 67 acres, 42 of which are currently developed.
Escondido, CA 92025 760-839-4691 Open from sunrise to sunset . Since the early 1930s, Grape Day Park, Escondido's oldest park, has been the center for community events and activities. Every year from 1908 to 1950, people from as far away as Los Angeles came to celebrate the annual Grape Day Harvest, a major industry in the Escondido valley.
Jesmond Dene Park, located at the intersection of North Broadway and Jesmond Dene Road, is named after the community of Jesmond Dene. The City of Escondido acquired the 35-acre park site in 1978. Initial funding came from the San Diego County Park Dedication Ordinance Fund.
20100-20114 Lake Drive Escondido California 92029 US (760) 432.2023 (760) 432.2023 Lake Hodges is a lake and reservoir located in Southern California, about 31 miles north of San Diego and just south of Escondido, California. When full, the reservoir has 1,234 acres, a maximum water depth of 115 feet and 27 miles of shoreline. Lake Hodges is owned by the city of San Diego, and supplies water to the San Diego Utility Water District and Santa Fe Irrigation District.
The land is part of the County’s larger vision by to protect, restore and educate park patrons about the many protected species that live on site, like San Diego marsh elder, Del Mar Manzanita, California adolphia and graceful tarplant – all part of the Multiple Species Conservation Program.
The Mt Woodson trail is a steady uphill and is very easy to follow. There are markers along the trail and at forks to guide you. There is a bit of a wait to take pictures on the potato chip rock, but the wait is mostly due to hikers trying to climb on and off the rock. Be sure to bring lots of water, some snacks, and really good shoes because ...
Prior to development, Mountain View Park, located on Citrus Avenue and Glen Ridge Road, was an income-producing avocado and orange grove. The City of Escondido purchased it in May 1985, in order to provide a recreational area for the growing community in the eastern area of the city.
Piedras Pintadas is the perfect trail for this. The Piedras Pintadas (“painted rocks”) trail in Escondido is a family-friendly hike that can be enjoyed by all fitness levels. The trail wraps around the beautiful Bernardo Bay on Lake Hodges – an important habitat refuge for many native and migratory animal species.
The Pioneer Room was established in 1992, with a bequest from local historian Frances Beven Ryan (1901-1990). The research room and archives is a part of the Escondido Public Library that provides the community non-circulating reference material.
Queen Califia's Magical Circle is situated within a 12-acre natural habitat in the Iris Sankey Arboretum in Kit Carson Park on a parcel of land donated by the City of Escondido. The park's entrance is located five minutes from I-15 (Via Rancho Parkway Exit) at the corner of Bear Valley Parkway and Mary Lane.
Escondido, CA 92026 760-839-4691 Open from sunrise to sunset. The park was named after the late Palomar Hospital Administrator, Rod McLeod. After his death in 1976, the park was named in his honor for his outstanding contributions to the community and for his service to the City as a member of the Escondido Parks and Recreation Commission.
The Engelmann Oak, one of the most endangered oak species in California, can be found among the trees planted by the Ryan family in the east end of the park. In fact, Mayflower Dog Park is named for the Mayflower Tree, an Engelmann Oak planted by Frances Ryan just west of Dog Park.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park: Escondido, CA. Theme park meets safari at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, where educational shows, safaris and activities await. The newest adventure, Flightline Safari, is a 470-foot zip line that soars 160 feet above rhinos and other animals. Wildly popular “Roar & Snore” sleepover safaris including guided hikes, campfires, and meals are scheduled throughout the year.
If you have an ACM Reciprocal Sticker* on your membership card from another museum, you will receive half off admission to San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum for up to six people. For more information on the ACM reciprocal membership program, please visit the Association of Children’s Museums.
Our backbone multi-use trail – the Coast to Crest Trail – extends from the ocean at Del Mar to the San Dieguito River’s source on Volcan Mountain near Julian. Today, we have about 45 miles of the planned 70 miles of the Coast to Crest Trail completed. In addition, over 20 miles of auxiliary trails within the River Park are open.
Stanley Peak (Daley Ranch) Filed under 6-10 miles, Daley Ranch, Dog Friendly, Escondido, Peaks, Trail Write-Ups It had been a long time since we’d made it up to Daley Ranch for some hiking, and were feeling like we were long overdue for another visit.
Williams Barn The Williams Barn also known as the Red Barn was originally located where the San Marcos City Hall and Library are located today. It was built in 1952 by Fred and Frances Williams and made available to the public for square dancing and other community festivities.
The WPSD shall pay the city 25% of gate revenues from every High School Swim Team Competition held at the aquatic center within 30 days of the competition. The WPSD agrees it shall be the sole operator of the competitive lanes and co-operator with the City of the warm water lap lanes and the women’s and men’s locker rooms for the duration of each competition and each practice.