Eugene, Oregon 97401 Hours: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Weekdays 11:00 am – 6:00 pm Weekends Adventure! Children's Museum is a non-profit organization founded in August of 2015. IRS 501c3 status was approved in November of that year, just three months after the first board of directors met to plan ACM.
Alton Baker Park, Eugene’s largest developed park, is home to dozens of recreational features and facilities serving the City of Eugene since 1959. The park is made up of two major areas: the more developed West Alton Baker Park, and the 237-acre Whilamut Natural Area.
Amazon Dog Park is the perfect place to let your pooch run until he or she is tuckered out and ready for a nap. Complete with picnic tables to hang out at and a roundabout trail to allow humans to exercise, this park is one of the most popular and active doggie spots in Eugene. There is also a "small dog park" for dogs under 25 pounds.
Amazon Park is a vibrant, active park in the heart of south Eugene. It encompasses nearly 100 acres, including numerous recreation opportunities, community centers, and natural areas. The diversity of activities that park users can enjoy makes Amazon Park particularly special.
The park includes many features and park amenities, including a playground, picnic tables, a basketball court, a restored waterway, and a 3.5-acre dog park. 12 acres West region Active Bethel Citizens; Volunteer Help activate the power of parks by getting involved with our Eugene Outdoors volunteer program.
Cascades Raptor Center is located at 32275 Fox Hollow Road, Eugene, OR 97405 on the side of Spencer Butte in south Eugene. Birds are on exhibit in large outdoor aviaries viewed by walking along winding hillside trails. These woodland gravel paths are steep in some locations and the site may be difficult for people with mobility challenges.
Clearwater Park has served as a public park for more than 50 years. The park has been maintained and managed by Willamalane since it was transferred to the district in 1990 by Lane County. The park has access to the Middle Fork Willamette River and includes a disc golf course, two boat ramps, parking for cars and boat trailers, a restroom and trails.
Delta Ponds is a 150-acre waterway site consisting of numerous ponds, channels, wetlands, and associated riparian areas. This unique natural area owned by the City of Eugene borders a stretch of the Willamette River, just downstream from Valley River Center. For many, it is a favorite spot for bird watching, fishing, and enjoying the outdoors.
Dorris Ranch is recognized as the first commercial filbert orchard in the United States and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Oregon's history with filberts started in 1892 when George Dorris and his wife Lulu bought 250 acres of fertile land along the Willamette River and dedicated their lives to farming. After ...
Fern Ridge Lake is a popular recreation area for water sports, such as windsurfing, sailing, water skiing, flat water kayaking, stand up paddling, swimming and fishing. Extensive wetlands provide opportunities to view waterfowl and other wildlife. Fern Ridge is southern Willamette Valley's largest reservoir at 9,000 acres.
Frank Kinney is a 8.97-acre neighborhood park located at the end of West Amazon Drive and Martin Street. The park contains a small ADA play area, trails through the natural areas and across Amazon Creek, and the southernmost portion of the Rexius Trail. The Amazon Headwaters Trail, which connects to the rest of the Ridgeline trail system can be accessed at the end of Canyon Drive.
Gerlinger managed a successful campaign to build the Woman's Building and was involved its decoration and design. The Alumni Hall in Gerlinger is among UO's few remaining historic interiors. Gerlinger Hall, Susan Campbell Hall, and Hendricks Hall were added to the National Register of Historic Places on Oct. 2, 1992, as the Women's Memorial Quadrangle Ensemble.
Hendricks Park is Eugene's oldest city park. Its 80 acres includes a world-renowned rhododendron garden and a native plant garden. Laced with paths and the northern terminus of the 12-mile Ridgeline Trail, the park is a haven for hikers, birders, and others who enjoy retreating to the tranquility of nature.
Maude Irvine Kerns, the namesake of the Maude Kerns Art Center, was a visionary artist and educator, the first head of the Art Education Department at the University of Oregon (1921 – 1947), and an internationally recognized artist in the Non-Objective Art Movement.
Now the Mims hope to capture part of that history in stone and bronze. The Mims property at 330 High Street is on both, the local, and National Historic registry, as the homes are two of the oldest structures in Eugene, one being the oldest in its original site.
Monroe Park is a 2.58 acre neighborhood park, located just west of downtown Eugene in the Jefferson/Westside neighborhood, at the intersection of Broadway and Monroe streets. This park was formerly the site of Lincoln Elementary School that became a city park in 1961.
Mount Pisgah Arboretum (the Arboretum) is a 209-acre nature education center. The Friends of Buford Park & Mt. Pisgah (the Friends) work outside the Arboretum to steward public and private lands throughout the 4700-acre greater Mt. Pisgah area.
Vineyard & Winery | Willamette Valley. Noble Estate is a family-owned vineyard and winery in the South Willamette Valley. The vineyard is certified by LIVE and Salmon-Safe for sustainable practices and all wines are hand-crafted by a dedicated team of winemakers.
Nestled next to the Willamette River near the Washington Jefferson Street bridge is the eight and a half-acre park known as Owen Rose Garden. In 1951, George E. Owen, a former Eugene city councilor and lumberman, donated five acres with his house to the city.
Ridgeline Trail Description Eugene’s Ridgeline system rings the southern edge of the city with a series of large, semi-connected parklands. Valued deeply by the community for recreation, open space, and habitat values, the Ridgeline system is accessed through a network of over 12 miles of trail starting at seven main trailheads.
Dr. Eva Johnson was born in Pendleton, Oregon, but moved with her mother to Eugene following her father’s tragic death in the Blue Mountains. They lived with Eva’s grandmother in the Campbell House, just around the corner from the Shelton McMurphey Johnson House.
Skinner’s Butte has been around forever, or close to it, namely millions of years. More recently, within the last 200 years, it is best known as the birthplace of Eugene. More utilitarian uses, such as rock quarrying *, have also befallen it, but not recently.
– The butte is the tallest point visible when looking south from downtown Eugene. – Spencer Butte is accessible from Spencer Butte Park and has several hiking trails to the summit. – Tree cover on the butte is predominantly Douglas-fir, however the butte is treeless at its summit.
The Springfield Museum is an educational institution authorized by the City of Springfield, Oregon to acquire, preserve, and interpret materials that illustrate the history and development of the City of Springfield, the surrounding rural areas of East Lane County, and the state of Oregon.
Tugman Park is one of Eugene’s largest neighborhood parks. Located on the west side of Hilyard Street from 36th to 38th Avenue, the first parcel of the park was purchased in 1939. Originally known as South Amazon Park, it was renamed in honor of William M. Tugman, editor of the Register Guard from 1927-1954.
The Museum of Natural and Cultural History enhances knowledge of Earth's environments and cultures, inspiring stewardship of our collective past, present, and future. Explore thousands of years of human history and millions of years of natural history, all under one roof.
Wayne Morse Family Farm is the former home and farm of Senator Wayne Morse, a political figure who has come to symbolize political integrity and service in America. The only City park on the National Register of Historical Places, the 27-acre park features a historic house, natural wooded area, and meadow.
About West Eugene Wetlands The West Eugene Wetlands is a nearly 3,000-acre complex of wetlands and associated uplands located west of downtown. Based upon the objectives of the West Eugene Wetlands Plan, an ambitious effort to conserve and restore the wetlands began in the early 1990s.