Grimsby is rather dominated by two main casinos – the Admiral Casinos – located at Victoria and Freeman Street. It’s these two, in addition to the Quicksilver Casino and other local bookmakers that promise players an exciting time. They offer a number of services and games including slots, roulette, blackjack, and poker.
During this time, they installed a netting to prevent enemy submarines from travelling up the estuary to Hull or Grimsby. The forts were finally abandoned by the military in 1956. Haile Sand Fort or Sand Haile Fort is the smaller of the two and is situated around the low-water mark between Cleethorpes and Humberston on the Lincolnshire coast.
Pier Gardens, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire Cleethorpes is a seaside resort and unparished area in the north east corner of the county, situated on the estuary of the Humber. There is a crazy golf course in the gardens, and a cafe, and plenty of places to walk or sit and relax and drink in the wonderfully panoramic view of the beach and the sea.
The park has facilities for bowling, football and tennis, and a new play area. The tennis courts and bowling green opens at 14.00hrs. In 2009/10 Haverstoe Park was awarded the Green Flag, putting the park amongst some of the best in the country.
Cleethorpes' Pleasure Island theme park is to shut at the end of the season. Owner Melanie Wood made the shock announcement this afternoon. While the theme park will remain open this weekend and for other planned weekends plus its annual fireworks event on October 29, the gates will then be locked for the final time.
Ross Castle, Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire Ross castle is a mock ruin and was built by Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway during the redevelopment of Pier Gardens in 1885. It was named after the then secretary of the Railway Company, Edward Ross.
The Ross Tiger is a 1950’s Grimsby trawler, thought to be the oldest diesel side-trawler to survive in the UK. The history of Ross Tiger. Ross Tiger was constructed at a climax in the local fishing industry, during the 1950’s, when official railway publications labelled Great Grimsby as ‘the world’s premier fishing port’.
Weelsby Woods is a large public park in Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire. With mature trees, woodland, and large grassy areas which are used for recreation. Donated in 1950 to the Borough of Grimsby by the Boston Deep Sea Fishing and Ice Company the land was once the grounds of Weelsby Villa.