The Brandenburg Gate (Russian: Бранденбургские ворота, tr.: Brandenburgskie vorota, German: Brandenburger Tor) is one of seven surviving city gates in Kaliningrad, the former German city of Königsberg. The gate is located on Bagration Street and is the only gate of Kaliningrad still in use for the intended purpose.
The “Brandenburg Front”: Fort Friedrichsburg with protecting envelope, the connecting front, the Railway Salient, the Old Garden Bastion, and Bastion Brandenburg. The “Haberberg Front“: Bastion Haberberg, Ravelin Haberberg, Cavalier Haberberg, Ravelin Friedland, Cavalier Friedland and Bastion Pregel.
Honey Bridge in Kaliningrad is one of the oldest bridges in the city. It is also only one of only three bridges that survived during World War II. It was constructed in 1542, after the Reformation but in 1882 the bridge was rebuilt. The wheels of its lifting mechanism are easily seen from one side. The Honey Bridge in Kaliningrad Interesting facts about the Honey Bridge.
Juditten Church (German: Juditter Kirche; Russian: Юдиттен-кирха) is a Russian Orthodox church in the Mendeleyevo district of Kaliningrad, Russia. It was built as a Roman Catholic church, and was later a Prussian Union church. Juditten was the name of Mendeleyevo when it was a quarter of Königsberg, Germany.
The Kaliningrad Puppet Theatre (Russian: Калининградский кукольный театр) is a puppet theatre in Kaliningrad, Russia.The building was originally the Königin-Luise-Gedächtniskirche (Queen Louise Memorial Church), popularly known as the Luisenkirche, a Protestant church in Königsberg, Germany.
In 2007-2008, the Amber Museum with the Amber Coast of Russia exhibition took part in the presentation of the Kaliningrad region in the framework of the 9th Russian Art Festival in Cannes, France. Then the exhibition visited Germany, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland.
The museum started to collect its exhibits in 1946. The main museum building is the former town hall Stadthalle, built in Koenigsberg in 1912 by the architect Richard Seele in art nouveau. The museum displays permanent and temporary exhibitions in 11 halls.
Kaliningrad State Art Gallery (aka Kaliningrad Art Gallery) is an art gallery in Kaliningrad, Russia, located in Moskovsky Prospect. The galley was founded in 1988 and specialises in modern art, especially paintings of the 20th century from Russia and elsewhere. It is also developing as a contemporary art gallery.
kldzoo.ru The Kaliningrad Zoo was founded in 1896 as the Königsberger Tiergarten in the German town of Königsberg, which in 1945 became part of Russia and was renamed Kaliningrad. Thus, the zoo is one of the oldest zoological gardens in Russia, and one of the largest.
The "Polish Cultural Community in Kaliningrad" operates as the main Polish organization among Kaliningrad's Polonia, one of six such Polish organizations within Kaliningrad Oblast. Wspolnota Polska estimates that it is likely there are between 15,000 and 20,000 Poles living in the entire oblast.
Калининграда; German: Königsberger Dom) is a Brick Gothic-style monument in Kaliningrad, Russia, located on Kneiphof island in the Pregel (Pregolya) river. It is the most significant preserved building of the former City of Königsberg, which was largely destroyed in World War II.
Promote your permanent link - https://www.inspirock.com/russia/kaliningrad/the-submarine-b-413-a820697347 - on your website, your blog, and social media. When a traveler builds a plan from this page, the itinerary automatically includes The submarine "B-413".
The Upper Pond (Russian: Верхний пруд) is a large artificial pond in northern Kaliningrad, Russia. It was known as the Oberteich while part of Königsberg, Germany, until 1945. The pond is elevated 22 metres above the Pregel River and encompasses 41.1 hectares.
Victory Square (Russian: Площадь победы, Ploshchad Pobedy) is a central square in Kaliningrad. Prior to 1945, the square was part of Königsberg, Germany. Steindamm Gate, part of the city's northwestern Baroque city walls, was dismantled in 1912 to allow development of the area between Steindamm and the Hufen suburbs.