Aleksotas Funicular Railway, Kaunas Aleksotas Funicular Railway (Lithuanian: Aleksoto funikulierius) is a funicular railway located in Aleksotas elderate of Kaunas, Lithuania. The funicular constructed on the right bank of the Nemunas River was officially opened on 6 December 1935.
Atrakcionai jūsų laukia aikštelėje šalia prekybos centro „Akropolis“ kur anksčiau buvo įsikūrusi laikinoji autobusų stotis. Darbo dienomis pramogauti galite nuo 15:00 iki 23:00, o savaitgaliais linksmybės prasideda anksčiau – „Pramogų parkas“ atviras nuo vidurdienio iki 23:00. Tiesa, organizatoriai primena, kad didelę ...
Kaunas our Lord Jesus Christ's Resurrection Basilica (Lithuanian: Kauno mūsų Viešpaties Jėzaus Kristaus Prisikėlimo bazilika) is a monumental Roman Catholic church in Kaunas, Lithuania. The church was consecrated in 2004, and in 2005 it was finally completed.
Kaunas Botanical Garden also known as the Kaunas Botanical Garden of Vytautas Magnus University, is a botanical garden in Kaunas, Lithuania. It is located in the south of the center of Kaunas city in Freda district. With an area of 62.5 ha it is the second largest in Lithuania.
Kaunas Castle is a medieval castle situated in Kaunas, the second-largest city in Lithuania. Archeological evidence suggests that it was originally built during the mid-14th century, in the Gothic style. Its site is strategic – a rise on the banks of the Nemunas River near its confluence with the Neris River.
LT; Memorialinis kompleksas. Aut.: Studija RaR, 2016; Semi-caponier New exposition. Aut.: Sergej Orlov; Kaunas Ninth Fort Museum Memorial complex. Kaunas hard labor prison department 1924–1940. The Ninth Fort Kaunas fortress. News / upcoming events Exhibitions Past events. Loading... Everyday Life in Exile Deportations are one of the most painful periods in the history of the Republic of ...
MUSEUM FOR BLIND People (XX century catacombs) Nepriklausomybės a. 14, Kaunas +370 37 226 676 Free of charge II – IV 9 AM – 2 PM, visited by arrangement The exhibition is completely invisible, visitors can only feel it through the audio, tactile and olfactory senses.
Kaunas Reservoir (Lithuanian: Kauno marios) is the largest Lithuanian artificial lake, created in 1959 by damming the Nemunas River near Kaunas and Rumšiškės. It occupies 63.5 square kilometers, which is about 0.1% of the total territory of Lithuania.
KGB jėgos struktūros Sovietų Sąjungoje ne tik persekiojo paprastus žmones, bet visiškai nepasitikėjo savo bendradarbiais ir sekė juos tiek oficialiais, tiek neoficialiais būdais. KGB, Valstybes saugumo komitetai visada turėjo pačią naujausią ir technologiškai inovatyviausią techniką bei profesonaliai paruoštus savo srities specialistus, karininkus, agentus.
Lithuanian Aviation Museum exposition in Kaunas. The Lithuanian Aviation Museum formerly known as the Lithuanian Technical Museum was founded on February 19, 1990, on the base of the Vytautas the Great Military Museum section of Technical History. It acquired its present name on February 1, 1995.
Lithuanian Zoo (Lithuanian: Lietuvos zoologijos sodas) previously known as Kaunas' Zoo is the oldest scientific zoo in Lithuania. It is located in an Ąžuolynas oak grove park in the south-western Žaliakalnis elderate of Kaunas. The territory of the zoo is 15.66 hectares (38.7 acres).
National Resistance Museum The National Resistance Museum of Luxembourg (Musée national de la Résistance) is located in the centre of Esch-sur-Alzette in the south-east of the country. The specially designed building (1956) traces the history of Luxembourg from 1940 to 1945.
Raudondvaris Castle (Lithuanian: Raudondvario pilis, literally "Red Manor"), also referred to as Raudondvaris Manor, is a Gothic-Renaissance gentry residence, located in the eponymous town of Raudondvaris, Lithuania. First mentioned as a pagan keep by Teutonic chroniclers in 1392.
The Seventh Fort or VII Fort is a defensive fortification built in Žaliakalnis district of Kaunas, Lithuania, during implementation of the first phase of the construction of the Kaunas Fortress. It is located near the Hospital of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences.
St. George the Martyr Church, Kaunas (Lithuanian: Kauno Šv. Jurgio Kankinio bažnyčia) is a Roman Catholic church in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania, which stands in front of the Kaunas Castle. It is a prominent example of Gothic architecture in Lithuania.
St. Michael the Archangel's Church or the Garrison Church (Russian: Церковь Святого Михаила Архангела (Lithuanian: Švento Arkangelo Mykolo Bažnyčia) is a Roman Catholic church in the city of Kaunas, Lithuania, closing the perspective of the Laisvės alėja, the main pedestrian street.
Vytautas the Great Bridge, also known as Aleksotas Bridge before 1930 and from 1940 until 23 February 2008, crosses the Nemunas River to connect Aleksotas and Old Town in Kaunas, Lithuania. Its length exceeds 256 meters, and its width is of 16 meters. The means of payment for the building of the bridge was arranged back in 1927.
Žiegždriai buvo abipus Nemuno – Žiegždriai I ant aukšto šlaito kairiajame Nemuno krante ir Žiegždriai II dešiniajame krante, kur buvusi mokykla ir kaimo kapinaitės. Užtvenkus Nemuną ir pastačius Kauno vandens jėgainę, Žiegždriai II užlieti, o Žiegždriai I užlieti nevisiškai – išliko pietinė kaimo dalis, iš kurios susidarė dabartiniai Žiegždriai.