Camoes Garden and Grotto, or just Camoes Garden as well, is one of Macau's oldest parks. The park is also Macau's largest, covering an area of nearly 20,000 square meters (about 24,000 square yards). It was originally the house of a Portuguese merchant who enjoyed raising pigeons.
Coloane, officially Freguesia de São Francisco Xavier, is one of the parishes of Macau, China. It is located at the southern part of Macau. Coloane was known in Cantonese as Gau Ou Saan and Yim Jou Waan. The Portuguese name "Coloane" is derived from the Cantonese pronunciation of Gwo Lou Waan.
The Theatre was also rented out to local businessmen in the past, for the showing of films, which led to the establishment of the “Macao Cinema for Distinguished Films”. For this reason, the Dom Pedro V Theatre is also known in everyday Chinese as the “Macao Theatre”.
Grand Prix Museum * To cope with the remodeling project, the Grand Prix Museum is temporarily closed until further notice. Opened 1993 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Macau Grand Prix, which features a number of automobile and motorbike races and takes place every year in November.
Description Just steps from Hac Sa Beach, Grand Coloane Beach Resort provides 5-star accommodations overlooking the South China Sea. Review "Breakfast, location to beach and away from strip but with easy access, facilities at property, pool, gym classes Size of rooms.
The government’s chief spokesman announced Thursday that the opening hours of three Macau-Zhuhai border checkpoints will be extended from December 18. According to the announcement, the Macau Cotai-Hengqin checkpoint will be open 24 hours seven days a week.
It is one of the three largest and richest Buddhist temples in Macau and was originally called "Pou Chai Yes Un" (Pou Chai Temple). It is regarded as one of the oldest temples in Macau and was founded in the 13th century by the venerable Kun Iam, the Chinese representation of Avalokiteshvara, the Bodhisattva of Mercy.
Tour the preserved Lou Kau Mansion, the former home of a prominent Chinese merchant who owned many properties in the area. Similar to other traditional buildings around Macau, the mansion boasts a mix of European and Chinese design elements throughout its two stories.
Macau Fisherman's Wharf Located at Macau’s outer harbour, within 5-minutes’ walk from the Macau Ferry Terminal and Heliport, this is the largest leisure and themed entertainment complex in Macau Peninsula. With an area approximately 133,000 square meters, the European-themed architectures feature Babylon Casino, Flamingo Casino, a ...
Macau Tower is located in Macau, a Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. Macau was a Portuguese colony until 1999. Construction on the tower started in 1998, after a visit by Macau businessman Dr. Stanley Ho Hung-Sun to the Sky Tower in Auckland, New Zealand.
Na Tcha Temple is located behind the Ruins of St. Paul's, remains of a principal Jesuit cathedral in the region, serving as one of the best examples of Macau's multicultural identity. In 2005, the temple became one of the designated sites of the Historic Centre of Macau enlisted on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The Nam Van Lake, is one of the two man made water bodies, in Macau. This scenic space, literally means South Bay and is known mostly for hosting the annual Dragon Boat Festival. The beauty of this lake is enhanced by the four man made islands, that dot the water body.
The Portas do Cerco is an area in Nossa Senhora de Fátima, Macau, China. Located on the northern tip of the Macau Peninsula, it is known by its border gate separating Macau from mainland China. The gate was built in 1849 to replace a crumbling wall that was erected in 1573 to mark the border of the Portuguese colony.
The Ruins of St. Paul's (Chinese: 大三巴牌坊; Cantonese Yale: daaih sāam bā pàaihfōng) are the ruins of a 17th-century complex in Santo António, Macau, China. It includes what was originally St. Paul's College and the Church of St. Paul also known as "Mater Dei", a 17th-century Portuguese church dedicated to Saint Paul the Apostle.
Sam Kai Vui Kun, known also as Kuan Tai Temple, is located in front of St. Dominic’s Market Complex, near Senado Square in Sé, Macau, China. Kuan Tai is the Anglicized spelling of Guan Yu, an important general during the Three Kingdoms period in China, being now worshipped both in Taoism and Buddhism.
Sao Lazaro Macau Mo 1001133861 elevation above the sea level. You can also get the Sao Lazaro Macau Mo 1001133861 elevation above the sea level (Sao Lazaro Macau Mo 1001133861 altitude). Get the altitude of Sao Lazaro Macau Mo 1001133861 above sea level by searching with our elevation tool.
Senado Square Sign in Portuguese and Chinese The Senado Square, or Senate Square (Portuguese: Largo do Senado; Chinese: 議事亭前地, Cantonese Yale: Yíh Sih Tìhng Chìhn Deih), is a paved town square in Sé, Macau, China and part of the UNESCO Historic Centre of Macau World Heritage Site.
St. Lazarus’ Church (望德聖母堂) is built on one of the oldest church sites in Macau, and is the main church of St. Lazarus Parish. The original building on the site was the Hermitage of Our Lady of Hope (more popularly known as St. Lazarus) which was established in 1570 to serve lepers. Around the same time a new settlement for lepers was set up outside the old city walls (which was then transferred to D. João Island in 1882, and then to Coloane in 1947, where it still is today).
There is a direct undercover walkway from The Parisian Macao to Cotai Expo, which takes about 10 minutes’ walk. The hotel is a 6-minute drive from Macau Ferry Terminal, a 10-minute drive from Taipa Ferry Terminal and an 8-minute drive from Macau International Airport.
The Section of the Old City Walls are the remains of a wall that surrounded the colonial city of Macau, in Portuguese Macau, in the 16th and 17th centuries. The wall's construction is unique because it was built of clay, sand, rice straw, rocks, and oyster shells.