The Amalienburg is an elaborate hunting lodge in the grounds of Nymphenburg Palace, Munich, in southern Germany. It was constructed in 1734–1739 by François de Cuvilliés, in Rococo style, for the later Holy Roman Emperor Charles VII and his wife, Maria Amalia of Austria.
The Angel of Peace (German: Friedensengel) is a monument in the Munich suburb of Bogenhausen. The architects were Heinrich Düll, Georg Pezold und Max Heilmaier. Structure. The Angel of Peace is part of the Maximilian Park and a point de vue at the eastern end of a line of sight forming Prinzregentenstrasse.
The Bavarian National Museum (Bayerisches Nationalmuseum) in Munich is one of the most important museums of decorative arts in Europe and one of the largest art museums in Germany.  Since the beginning the collection has been divided into two main groups: the art historical collection and the folklore collection.
The BMW Headquarters (German: BMW-Vierzylinder; English: "BMW four-cylinder"; also known as the BMW HQ or BMW Tower; German: BMW Hochhaus) is a Munich, Germany landmark serving as world headquarters for the Bavarian automaker BMW since 1973. It was declared a protected historic building in 1999.
The BMW Museum is an automobile museum of BMW history located near the Olympiapark in Munich, Germany. The museum was established in 1973, shortly after the Summer Olympics opened. From 2004 to 2008, it was renovated in connection with the construction of the BMW Welt, directly opposite. The museum reopened on June 21, 2008.
The Memorial Site on the grounds of the former concentration camp was established in 1965 on the initiative of and in accordance with the plans of the surviving prisoners who had joined together to form the Comité International de Dachau. The Bavarian state government provided financial support.
The Glyptothek in Munich - World-famous Originals in Timeless Rooms Munich's oldest public museum; the only museum in the world that is solely dedicated to ancient sculpture ... - there is a whole range of unique characteristics that you could apply to the Munich Glyptothek.
So it’s not for nothing that the Hofbräuhaus am Platzl is the most famous place in the world where Munich beer is served, and has been for 400 years. Nowhere else in the world can you experience “Gemütlichkeit”, the famous Bavarian “cosiness”, like you can in the Hofbräuhaus am Platzl – a real piece of Munich.
Karlsplatz is a town square on the border of the first and fourth districts of Vienna. It is one of the most frequented and best connected transportation hubs in Vienna. The Karlskirche is located here. The first district can be reached either by subway or via Operngasse. The pavilions of the former Karlsplatz Stadtbahn Station remain despite the construction of the U-Bahn system.
Karlstor in Munich (called Neuhauser Tor until 1791) is one of what used to be Munich's famed city wall from the medieval ages till late into the 18th century. It served as a major defensive fortification and checkpoint. It is located at the western end of Neuhauser Straße, a portion of Munich's down-town pedestrian zone, which was part of the salt road and the east-west thoroughfare of the ...
Thus was born Ludwigstraße. Plans for the avenue were created by Leo von Klenze, court architect and a favorite of the king. Von Klenze had already fashioned a number of buildings for Ludwig and would also be responsible for those sitting at the southern end of the Ludwigstraße.
Neuschwanstein Castle (German: Schloss Neuschwanstein, pronounced [nɔʏˈʃvaːnʃtaɪn], English: "New Swanstone Castle") is a 19th-century Romanesque Revival palace on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen in southwest Bavaria, Germany.
The New Town Hall (German: Neues Rathaus) is a town hall at the northern part of Marienplatz in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It hosts the city government including the city council, offices of the mayors and part of the administration. In 1874 the municipality had left the Old Town Hall for its new domicile.
The Nymphenburg Palace (German: Schloss Nymphenburg), i. e., "Castle of the Nymph (or Nymphs)", is a Baroque palace in Munich, Bavaria, southern Germany.The palace was the main summer residence of the former rulers of Bavaria of the House of Wittelsbach
The Odeonsplatz is a large square in central Munich which was developed in the early 19th century by Leo von Klenze and is at the southern end of the Ludwigstraße, developed at the same time. The square is named for the former concert hall, the Odeon, on its southwestern side.
Foto: muenchen.de The Old Town Hall (in the middle) The Alte Rathaus (“Old Town Hall”) that sits at the eastern edge of Munich’s Marienplatz has an eventful history. The building was first mentioned in city records in 1310, and it was the seat of the Munich city council until 1847.
The Olympiapark München (English: Olympic Park Munich) in Munich, Germany, is an Olympic Park which was constructed for the 1972 Summer Olympics. Located in the Oberwiesenfeld neighborhood of Munich, the Park continues to serve as a venue for cultural, social, and religious events, such as events of worship. It includes a contemporary carillon.
im SEA LIFE. Eventkalender Neue Themenwelten UMWELT Unsere Projekte. SEA LIFE Trust ... The SEA LIFE Munich is located directly in the Olympiapark, next to the Olympiaturm and the Olympic ice rink. Our address is: SEA LIFE Munich Willi-Daume-Platz 1 80809 Munich, Germany Telephone: 01806-66 69 01 01 (0,20 € / call from the German landline, mobile phone max. 0,60 € / call) The Aquarium is ...
St Peter's Church is a Roman Catholic church in the inner city of Munich, southern Germany.It is also the oldest church in the district. History. Before the foundation of Munich as a city in 1158, there had been a pre-Merovingian church on this site. 8th century monks lived around this church on a hill called Petersbergl.
The Roman Catholic Theatine Church St. Cajetan (Theatinerkirche St. Kajetan) in Munich was built from 1663 to 1690, it was founded by Elector Ferdinand Maria and his wife, Henriette Adelaide of Savoy, as a gesture of thanks for the birth of the long-awaited heir to the Bavarian crown, Prince Max Emanuel, in 1662.