The Abbot House, also known as the Abbot-Spalding House, is a historic house museum at One Abbot Square in Nashua, New Hampshire. Built in 1804, it is one of the area's most prominent examples of Federal period architecture, albeit with substantial early 20th-century Colonial Revival alterations. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It is now owned by the Nashua Historical Society, which operates it as a museum; it is open by appointment.
Flat Rock Hill Conservation Area and the adjacent Arched Bridge Conservation Area cover 425 acres with about 4.5 miles of woodland trails. A 1.5 mile rail trail runs through Arched Bridge Conservation Area to Main Street in Dunstable. The area is named after a beautiful granite bridge over Salmon Brook.
The New Hampshire Holocaust Memorial in Rotary Common Park in Nashua proudly honors and commemorates those whose precious lives were lost in the Holocaust. The memorial pays particular homage to those who perished in six primary extermination camps: Auschwitz, Sobibor, Treblinka, Majdanek, Belzec and Chelmno.
The owner of the former Indian Head Bank, a downtown landmark that has been vacant about 18 months, put the building on the market earlier this month. Brady Sullivan Properties bought the 146 Main St. site last November as part of a total $11.5 million commercial real estate portfolio that also included properties in Concord and Manchester.
Foster died in Nashua, New Hampshire, and was buried in Nashua Cemetery. The first official reunion of the New Hampshire Veterans Association, which took place in Manchester, New Hampshire in October 1875, was named Camp J.G. Foster. Honors. The John G. Foster Post #7 of the Grand Army of the Republic in Nashua was named in his honor.
The Westford Conservation Land Trust website has information on trails in the Westford, MA area. The Pepperell Conservation Commission website has information on conservation lands and trails in the Pepperell, MA area. The Nashua City Station website has information on rail trails in the area.
Pennichuck Brook is one of the tributaries of the Merrimack River in New Hampshire in the United States. Its watershed is 31 square miles (80 km 2) and is one of the 14 subwatersheds of the Merrimack River. It passes through Nashua and Merrimack, New Hampshire and serves as the public water supply for greater Nashua.
A Bridge to the Past: The History of Pepperell’s Covered Bridge Join us for a presentation to learn the history of the crossing over the Nashua River dating back to 1740, the brave actions of Patriot Prudence Wright during the American Revolution and Pepperell’s Covered Bridges since 1848.
Throughout Spring of 2017, Nashua's Community Development Division is bringing together residents, elected officials, community organizations, and other government agencies to create a Riverfront Development Plan aimed at better coordinating all of the great work happening on the downtown waterfront.
Veterans Memorial Park abuts Naticook Lake on the north and Camp Sargent road on the south. A memorial to veterans of all of America’s wars is located in this park. This park ranges biologically from pine barrens in the uplands, to wetland along Naticook Lake.