<p><b>Carolina Beach State Park</b> is a <a href="/pages/w/112463312098315">North Carolina state park</a> in <a href="/pages/w/144217138925472">New Hanover County</a>, <a href="/pages/w/104083326294266">North Carolina</a>. It covers 761acre on <a href="/pages/w/142919575723688">Pleasure Island</a>.
The Navy Yard became the Charleston Naval Shipyard, a component of the Naval Base. The 6th Naval District was enlarged in 1948 to include the seven states in the southeastern United States and 2,936 miles of coastline, the longest of any district in the country.
Today, Colonial Dorchester State Historic Site’s remarkably preserved archaeological remains give visitors a peek into the early history of colonial South Carolina. Abandoned at the start of the Revolutionary War, the town of Dorchester has all but disappeared, leaving only a handful of original structures remaining.
Drayton Hall is an 18th-century plantation located on the Ashley River about 15 miles (24 km) northwest of Charleston, South Carolina, and directly across the Ashley River from North Charleston, west of the Ashley in the Lowcountry, sometimes called (Low Country.)
Gahagan Park Sports Complex is convenient to restaurants, shopping, lodging, and everything that the South Carolina Lowcountry has to offer, including just a short drive to Charleston. Gahagan has hosted myriad softball tournaments, recreational softball games, and football games.
The pool, in the park at 6700 David St., in the Greenview neighborhood in north Columbia, is one of just two large outdoor pools run by the city. The $3.2 million conversion of the empty Greenview Park pool will create a water park offering a six-lane lap pool, a large children’s pool and a tubular water slide.
Magnolia Plantation and Gardens (464 acres, 187.77 hectares) is a historic house with gardens located on the Ashley River at 3550 Ashley River Road west of the Ashley, Charleston County, South Carolina. It is one of the oldest plantations in the South, and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
North Charleston Wannamaker County Park is a nature-oriented park designed for family and group use. It offers over 1,015 acres of beautiful woodlands and wetlands, and provides guests with a variety of activities. Miles of paved trails allow for exploration of the area’s beautiful natural resources.
<p><b>Northbridge Park</b> is a public park in the <a href="/pages/w/103754336330082">West Ashley</a> area of <a href="/pages/w/105557439477766">Charleston, South Carolina</a> on land owned by the South Carolina Department of Transportation but operated by the City of Charleston.
The Oakbrook Nature Trail opened in July 2014, the Oakbrook Nature Trail is located just off Springview Lane near Summerville Medical Center. This winding trail covers a twelve-acre tract of land that has been designated by the US Army Corps of Engineers as a conservation area.
Biggin Church Ruins are the remains of the parish church of St. John’s Parish. The church was established by an act of the South Carolina Commons House of Assembly in 1706, which divided the colony into ten parishes. The original Biggin Church was probably completed ca. 1711. Biggin Church was used through the mid-nineteenth century and the surrounding cemetery is still being used.
Daniel Webster was decommissioned on 30 August 1990 and struck from the Naval Vessel Register the same day. She was converted to a moored training ship (MTS) and S5W reactor prototype training facility, by the Charleston Naval Shipyard at Charleston, South Carolina. Upon completion and designated MTS-626, she was towed up-river to her permanent berth at the Naval Nuclear Power Training Unit Charleston.
USS Sam Rayburn (SSBN-635) was a James Madison-class fleet ballistic missile submarine named for Sam Rayburn (1882–1961), Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (1940–1947, 1949–1953, and 1955–1961). Sam Rayburn was in commission 2 December 1964 to 31 July 1989 carrying the Polaris missile and later the Poseidon missile.
> Wando Welch Terminal Wando Welch Terminal (WWT) has received worldwide recognition for its innovative design and overall terminal productivity. Opened in 1982, the final stage of terminal construction was completed in the form of a 4th container berth and nearly 90 acres of additional container storage space.
The Wannamaker North Trail runs within the north portion of Wannamaker County Park, accessible from Goose Creek. The 13-mile trail is designed for and open to mountain bicyclists of all experience levels. The trail is also open to hikers, walkers, and runners, but pedestrians should know that the terrain contains tight curves and elevation changes.
Wescott Park was meticulously designed and built state of the art for the best experience for players and spectators. For more information on Wescott Park, call (843) 767-0782. The City's goal was to create a park capable of holding high level baseball tournaments, while still providing a park setting for the community as a whole.