The official seat of Olomouc bishops and archbishops, a place where Emperor Franz Joseph I took over the throne and where Austrian emperor and Russian tsar met before the Battle of Austerlitz, and a building where Empress Maria Theresa and Pope John Paul II stayed – this is the Archbishop’s Palace in Olomouc.
Leoš Mlčák – Pavel Zatloukal, Průvodce areálem olomouckého hradu, in: Gabriela Elbelová – Pavel Zatloukal (ed.), Arcidiecézní muzeum Olomouc. Průvodce. Olomouc 2006, s. 39-54 [redakčně zkráceno]. Arcidiecézní muzeum Olomouc je jedinou památkou v České republice, která získala prestižní označení "Evropské dědictví".
Caesar Fountain – the most famous as well as the largest and technically skilled of the Olomouc Baroque fountains represents the legendary founder of the city Gaius Julius Caesar. The sculptural group is situated in the middle of the basin on an imitation rock.
Church of Saint Maurice (Czech: Kostel svatého Mořice) is a Roman Catholic church in Olomouc, Czech Republic. It is located in the city centre, near the Horní náměstí ("Upper Square") and remains one of the most important landmarks of the city. It is unknown when exactly the church was constructed.
Church of Saint Michael (Czech: Kostel svatého Michala) is a Roman Catholic church in Olomouc, Czech Republic. It is one of the most important landmarks of the city. The church, connected originally with the Dominican Order, was constructed in the 13th century and reconstructed to its current Baroque form in 1676-1703 by Giovanni Pietro Tencalla.
Olomouc is a city in Moravia, in the east of the Czech Republic. Located on the Morava River, the city is the ecclesiastical metropolis and historical capital city of Moravia. Today, it is the administrative centre of the Olomouc Region and the sixth largest city in the Czech Republic. The city has about 100,000 residents, and its larger urban zone has a population of about 480,000 people.
The Holy Trinity Column in Olomouc, in the Czech Republic is a Baroque monument (Trinity column) that was built between 1716 to 1754. The main purpose was to celebrate the Catholic Church and faith, partly caused by feeling of gratitude for ending a plague, which struck Moravia (now in the Czech Republic) between 1713 and 1715.
In 1735, this undynamic and robust statue was removed to the city farm in Skrbeň and replaced by a sculpture of Jupiter by the sculptor Philip Sattler, in accordance with the antique Baroque programme of sculptural decoration of the Olomouc Baroque fountains.
This column with its statue of the Virgin Mary was built after the plague that struck Olomouc during the years 1713-1715. The column was built thanks to the initiative of the master stonemason Wenzl Render (1669-1733), and was funded by the legacy of the county governor, Leopold Antonio Sak from Bohuňovice, and the donations of benefactors.
If you want to learn more about the military history of the city of Olomouc and about sights that have been preserved to this day, go to explore the Crown Fortress with the Museum of Military History inside. In 2011, a reconstruction of the gunpowder magazine was completed and currently the Fortress ...
Neptune is holding a trident pointing downward to calm the waters and protect Olomouc. Michael Mandík created the sculptural group with the central figure of Neptune. The robust figure of Neptune with a trident is situated on a rock with four seahorses serving additionally as water spouters.
The Astronomical Clock The astronomical clock on the Olomouc town hall is one of only two in the country and is interesting because it represents the first real effort at organizing society according to the 24-hour clock, hundreds of years before the industrial revolution.
Olomouc Orthodox Church or Church of St. Gorazd is an Orthodox Christian church in the city of Olomouc in Moravia, in the Czech Republic. In 1939 it was consecrated to St. Gorazd (Slavic enlightener in the 9th century). Church was repaired in 1985–1987.
Tým pěti vědeckých superhrdinů. Jejich útočištěm je Pevnost poznání, odkud každou chvílí vyráží bránit Olomouc před hloupostí a temnotou. V hlavních rolích moudrá sova Woobi, geniální kočka Felis, vynalézavá krysa Rody, mocný čolek Tritus a nebojácná liška Eli.
Red Church (Czech: Červený kostel) is a former Protestant church in Olomouc, Czech Republic.. The church was built in 1901-1902 by German architect Max Löwe. It was used by local German-speaking Protestant congregation of the German Evangelical Church in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia.
Zpravodajský videoobsah a redakce - ZZIP TV Olomouc Webdesign, redakční systém, aplikace a provoz - ESMEDIA Interactive Obsah portálu je tvořen zčásti původním regionálním televizním zpravodajstvím ZZIP TV a dále množstvím neustále přibývajících videopříspěvků regionálních organizací a jednotlivců.
Terezská brána byla postavena uprostřed přímé hradební linie, v místech nedaleko již zmíněných bran – středověké Střední brány, stojící na konci bývalé Terezské ulice (dnes Pavelčákovy ulice), a u Dolní brány, nacházející se na konci Dolní ulice (dnes Lafaye ovy) při Kamenném mlýně.
Our intention is to run a truly representative modern museum in cooperation with the city of Olomouc, Region of Olomouc and our partners. Our museum is attractive and unique place for organisation of conferences and various events. The museum is built in a modern, austere architectural style and wants to underline the elegance of historic cars.