The Abbey of Santa Giustina is a Benedictine abbey in the center of the City of Padua, facing the Prato della Valle, which dates from the 10th century. The abbey is attached to the Basilica of Santa Giustina, which was built in the 6th century. Its present shape derives from construction in the 17th century.
L'antico teatro romano di Padova, volgarmente detto arena perché vi si spargeva la sabbia o perché vi avvenivano i combattimenti dei gladiatori, è circondato da un muro ellittico in blocchi di calcare che costituiva la base delle gradinate che delimitavano l'arena.
The Pontifical Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua (Italian: Basilica Pontificia di Sant'Antonio di Padova) is a Roman Catholic church and minor basilica in Padua, Veneto, Northern Italy, dedicated to St. Anthony. Although the Basilica is visited as a place of pilgrimage by people from all over the world, it is not the titular cathedral of the city, a title belonging to the Cathedral-Basilica of St. Mary of Padua.
Guided tours to the Hall of the Giants at Palazzo Liviano. Groups of 10 persons (or more) can arrange guided tours upon request at email@example.com. Starting February 3 2018, the Hall will be open the first Saturday of every month, with two guided tours, at 10.30 and 11.30.
Canale Piovego / Canale Malamocco-Marghera / Canale di Camoran. Canale Piovego The canal goes directly, through the lock of Noventa and over 10.5 km into the center of the university town of Padua. The last wharf lies at the historical town lock of Padua, which doesn’t go anywhere as long as one can think but it is still remarkable.
The Church of the Eremitani (Italian: Chiesa degli Eremitani), or Church of the Hermits, is an Augustinian church of the 13th century in Padua, northern Italy. It was built in 1276 and dedicated to the saints Philip and James; it is however best known as degli Eremitani from the annexed old monastery, which now houses the municipal art gallery.
The Equestrian Statue of Gattamelata is a sculpture by Italian early Renaissance artist Donatello, dating from 1453, located in the Piazza del Santo in Padua, Italy, today. It portrays the Renaissance condottiero Erasmo da Narni, known as "Gattamelata", who served mostly under the Republic of Venice, which ruled Padua at the time.
The Civic Museum Eremitani born around the middle of the nineteenth and early (between 1865 and 1870) is enriched with precious legacies donated by the wealthy merchant Nicholas Bottacin. The museum contains valuable collections in sections Archeological Museum and Medieval Modern ArtMuseum.
I Giardini pubblici dell’Arena, vero esempio di parco pubblico cittadino inserito nel tessuto urbano storico, si estendono per un'area che va da corso Garibaldi a via Porciglia, costeggiando il Tronco Maestro del Bacchiglione che congiunge Brenta e Bacchiglione e che è tuttora navigabile.
The Memoria e Luce is a memorial located in Padua, Italy for victims of the 9/11 attacks on New York City. A twisted steel beam salvaged from the wreckage of the World Trade Center, which was donated by the United States to the Veneto Region and in turn to the City of Padua, was used to realize the design of an open and luminous book.
In the exhibition rooms of the museum there are expsed observation instruments built by English craftsmen of the eighteenth century, German and Austrian telescopes, equipment useful for the study of meteorology, and other instruments of astronomical observation built and /or improved by the mechanics of the Astronomical Observatory.
What is MUSME? MUSME, inaugurated on June 5th 2015, is already considered an Italian excellence. It is a new generation museum, illustrating – both rigorously and entertainingly – the extraordinary journey of Medicine from ancient discipline to modern science, with a keen eye on the history of Padua’s medical school.
Padua Cathedral (Italian: Duomo di Padova; Basilica Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta) is a Roman Catholic cathedral and minor basilica in Padua, northern Italy. The cathedral, dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, is the seat of the bishop of Padua. It is the third structure built on the same site.
The Palazzo della Ragione is a medieval town hall building in Padua, in the Veneto region of Italy. Details. The building, with its great hall on the upper floor, is reputed to have the largest roof unsupported by columns in Europe; the hall is nearly rectangular, its length 81.5m, its breadth 27m, and its height 24 m; the walls are covered ...
PARCO D'EUROPA - Descrizione. A pochi passi dal centro fieristico, sorge un nuovo parco pubblico, della città di Padova. Il parco ha una superfice di 4,5 ha, con numerosi ingressi, ed un ponte ciclopedonale che lo collega al tessuto verde della città. L'area è deputato ad ospitare manifestazioni e concorsi floreali .
One of our best sellers in Padova! Yourbanflat Porta Altinate is located in Padova, 0.7 miles from PadovaFiere, 1.4 miles from Gran Teatro Geox, as well as a 2-minute walk from Scrovegni Chapel. Guests might enjoy the free WiFi. Opening onto a balcony, the air-conditioned apartment consists of a fully equipped kitchenette and a flat-screen TV.
Praglia Abbey (Italian: Abbazia di Praglia) is a Benedictine monastery in the frazione of Bresseo in Teolo, Province of Padua, Italy. It is located at the foot of the Euganean Hills, some 12 kilometers southwest of Padua, and four kilometers from Abano Terme.
The Scrovegni Chapel (Italian: Cappella degli Scrovegni, also known as the Arena Chapel), is a church in Padua, Veneto, Italy. It contains a fresco cycle by Giotto, completed about 1305 and considered to be an important masterpiece of Western art.
La Torre dell'Orologio è un edificio di origine medievale che si affaccia su Piazza dei Signori a Padova. Si erge tra il Palazzo del Capitanio e il Palazzo dei Camerlenghi. La torre sorse nella prima metà del XIV secolo come porta orientale della Reggia Carrarese.
The 17 th century Villa Foscarini Rossi is situated in the small town of Stra, alongside the Brenta Riviera, which runs from Venice to nearby Padua. The architectural estate is made of three buildings: the Main Villa, the Guest House and the Old Stables.
Villa Pisani, also named The Nazionale, is certainly one of the most famous examples of Venetian Villa along the Brenta banks. It is situated in the municipality of Stra, in the province of Venice and it develops on bend in the river Brenta, extending on a surface of 11 hectars and an external perimeter of 1500 meters.
The new Bottacin Museum at Palazzo Zuckermann-the museum has changed location three times in 135 years-hosts the entire collection of Nicola Bottacin, a wealthy merchant who, in 1865, gave the city of Padova all his works of art and numismatic collections which were in his home in Trieste. The paintings, furniture, sculptures, Chinese ceramics ...