Agios Panteleimonas or Aghios Panteleimonas is a neighbourhood of Athens, located northwest of the centre of Athens between Viktorias Square and Attikis Square. The main street of the district is Acharnon Avenue. The neighbourhood's name is owed in the big church of Agios Panteleimonas, built in this area during the interwar period.
In May 2012, a beautiful 15-acre park opened to the public in the western suburb of Peristeri. The park is one of the neighbourhood’s main attractions. The new park was opened by the head of the region of Attica, Yiannis Sgouros, the vice-head of the regional division of Western Athens, Konstantinos Papandoniou and Peristeri’s mayor Andreas Pachatouridis.
Georgios Averof (Greek: Θ/Κ Γεώργιος Αβέρωφ) is a modified Pisa-class armored cruiser built in Italy for the Royal Hellenic Navy in the first decade of the 20th century. The ship served as the Greek flagship during most of the first half of the century.
Marousi is situated 13 km (8 mi) northeast of Athens city centre. The municipality has an area of 12.938 km 2. The built-up area of Marousi is continuous with those of the neighbouring suburbs Pefki, Kifisia, Vrilissia and Halandri. Within Marousi lies the biggest forest in urban Athens, "Dasos Syngrou" (also "Alsos Syggrou").
Hersónisos Limin (GR: Λιμήν Χερσονήσου, transliterated also Chersónissos) is located 26 km east of Iraklion. town on the road to Agios Nikolaos. Regular public transportation is available for visiting Hersonissos, departing from Heraklion and Agios Nikolaos.
Kotopouli was born on 3 May 1887 in Athens, to Dimitris and Eleni. Her parents were also actors, and Marika's first stage appearance came during one of their tours, in the play "The Coachman of the Alps". She made her official debut in the Royal Theatre in 1903, before going to Paris in 1906 for theatrical studies.
Ancient philosopher Plato used this area as grounds for his philosophical school, which he established in about 387 BC and taught there for about 40 years. This is how the word "Academy" was first coined and where the term academic comes from.
Fig. 1: Location of the archaeological site of Plato’s Academy in Athens. The archaeological site of Plato’s Academy is today used as a public park. The park’s name is Archeologiko Parkoo Akadimias Platonos, and it is divided into four parts by Drakontos Street (Fig. 2, blue) and Monastiriou Street (Fig. 2, red).
The Railway Museum of Athens, Greece, was founded by the Hellenic Railways Organisation (OSE) in 1978. It is currently located at 4 Siokou Street, next to the mainline from Athens to Inoi. The museum has a collection of items related to the history of rail transport in Greece, many of them exhibited in its five rooms.
Linked by an ecological concept, physical topography and functionality to the National Library of Greece and the Greek National Opera, the Stavros Niarchos Park is a vital green space, a breath of life for Athens and an important addition to a city with the lowest per capita green space in Europe.
The Tactual Museum of Athens: The Tactual Museum of Athens was established in 1984 by the Lighthouse for the Blind, a Greek association. It aim to give people with sight problems the opportunity to feel by the touch some of the world's greatest monumets. The museum can be entered by 17, Athinas St, and it is also accessible for people with mobility limitations.
The War Dog Memorial and Cemetery on Guam is the most unique of all the dog memorials because it encompasses an actual cemetery developed as the animals became fatalities then interred in one spot during the islands liberation in World War II. Dr. William W. Putney now a retired Vet who was the commanding officer of the 3rd Dog Platoon, made a nostalgic visit to Guam in 1989. He was barely ...