Visita la nostra Collezione 2018 di ville con piscina privata e appartamenti con piscina in posizioni uniche nel paesaggio umbro, dominanti il Lago Trasimeno o vicino a città medievali come Perugia, Assisi, Gubbio, Todi, Spoleto, Orvieto, Città di Castello. Le nostre proprietà sono ideali per coppie, famiglie con bambini o piccoli gruppi di amici.
L'imponente Arco Etrusco di Perugia, conosciuto anche come Arco di Augusto, costituiva una delle sette porte di accesso alla città e rappresenta oggi l'esempio di antica porta etrusca cittadina meglio conservata e integra, oltre che di proporzioni davvero monumentali.
In 1282 the building was already finished and Captain Guido dé Rossi from Florence ordered that his own coat of arms be bricked between two shields with the cross, the symbol of the City hall. In 1926 the Palace was completely restored in a neo-fourteenth century style using the designs of Architect Ruggero Antonelli (Perugia 1888-1974). The rooms on the ground floor are decorated with paintings by Adalberto Migliorati (Rome 1902 – Perugia 1953), representing medieval crafts.
Fondazione Ranieri di Sorbello Nel pieno centro storico della città di Perugia, a pochi passi dalla Cattedrale e dal Pozzo Etrusco, un antico palazzo risalente al XVII secolo accoglie una preziosa collezione di quadri, porcellane, opere a stampa, manoscritti e tessuti ricamati.
Perugia today hosts two main universities, the ancient Università degli Studi (University of Perugia) and the Foreigners University (Università per Stranieri). Stranieri serves as an Italian language and culture school for students from all over the world.
Church of Saint Ercolano Similar to a massive tower in structure, this octagonal building was erected near the ancient Etruscan fortifications exactly where this patron saint of Perugia was martyred. Ercolano was in fact bishop of Perugia when the Goths, led by Totila, besieged the city in 547AD.
The civic museum at the Palazzo della Penna is situated in the noble XVI Century residence of the gentry family of Perugia Arcipreti della Penna, and was therefore the house where Ascanio della Penna during the XVII Century, and his great grandson Fabrizio in the XIX Century, placed their important art collection, unfortunately split up in 1875.
In 1260, the Collegio della Mercanzia was given responsibility jointly with the Collegio del Cambio for all provisions relating to the minting of money in the city. The Collegio della Mercanzia provided four of the five “consuls of the arts” who supported the Capitano del Popolo in the government of Perugia from 1266.
Along with the Merchants Guild, the Bankers Guild was also one of the most powerful in the city (Cambio = exchange). The Collegio del Cambio (seat of the guild) [in Palazzo dei Priori] was built between 1452 and 1457. The entrance doorway is a beautifully crafted work in wood that dates back to 1505.
This garden, built on an area formerly dedicated to an Etruscan necropolis and later, during the XV Century, occupied by a defensive fortress of the city, hosted the poets of the 'Colonia Arcadica Augusta' who, at the beginning of the XVIII Century, designed the present configuration.
The Galleria Nazionale dell'Umbria is the Italian national paintings collection of Umbria, housed in the Palazzo dei Priori, Perugia, in central Italy. Its collection comprises the greatest representation of the Umbrian School of painting, ranging from the 13th to the 19th century, strongest in the fourteenth through sixteenth centuries.
The Notaries’ Hall in Perugia’s Palazzo dei Priori The Gothic-style Notaries’ Hall (Sala dei Notari), in Perugia’s Palazzo dei Priori, was built between 1293 and 1443. One of its inlaid friezes features a Latin distich that reads, Ius reddens Iudex semper sis omnibus idem, iudicium alterius iudicis ut fugias, that is: Oh judge, always be fair in your judgment, so you can avoid the judgment of the Higher Judge.
The Hypogeum of the Volumnus family (Italian: Ipogeo dei Volumni) is an Etruscan tomb in Ponte San Giovanni, a suburb of Perugia, central Italy. Its dating is uncertain, although it is generally assigned to the 3rd century BC. The Hypogeum was the Roman-Etruscan tomb of Arnth Veltimna Aules.
During the Second World War, the space was cultivated to provide food for the city. This piazza, which received its current name after the war in honour of the anti-fascist partisans of Perugia, is connected to Piazza d’ Italia by the escalator from the excavated area under Palazzo della Provincia (above).
Il centro storico di Perugia è racchiuso entro la cinta muraria etrusca. Il tracciato delle mura si estendeva per circa 3 km, seguendo all'incirca una stessa curva di livello con un andamento planimetrico a "trifoglio", dovuto alla conformazione delle due alture racchiuse nella cerchia (il colle del Sole, a nord, e il colle Landone, a sud) e dai profondi avvallamenti.
Materiali archeologici, Perugia, Electa Editori Umbri Associati, 1991; Carola Fiocco, Gabriella Gherardi, Museo del vino di Torgiano. Ceramiche, Perugia, Electa Editori Umbri Associati, 1991; Cristina Gnoni Mavarelli, Museo del vino di Torgiano. Incisioni, Perugia, Electa Editori Umbri Associati, 1994; Fondazione Lungarotti, The Wine Museum.
The Museum hosts the pre-historical and Etruscan-Roman collections, which were gathered starting from the 19th century by the illustrious scholars who as curators took over the responsibility of managing and preserving the archaeological heritage of the town, which at the time was an important center for Etruscan archaeological studies.
The Oratory of San Bernardino is an oratory in the city of Perugia in Italy, located on piazza San Francesco next to the basilica of San Francesco al Prato. Dedicated to saint Bernardino of Siena and completed in 1452, it is notable for its 1457-61 multi-coloured façade covered in reliefs by the Renaissance artist Agostino di Duccio.
The Baldeschi al Corso palace, a name that was given to distinguish it from the Baldeschi palace in Piazza degli Aratri square (currently known as Piazza Cavallotti), is the result of a fusion of pre-existing buildings found in the area between Corso Vannucci, Via Danzetta, Via Baldo, Via dello Struzzo and Via Baglioni.
The Palazzo dei Priori is a historical building in Perugia, Umbria, central Italy. As in other Italian medieval communes, it was the seat of the priori ("first citizens"). This magistrature was established in Perugia in 1303: the palazzo had been called the Palazzo Nuovo del Popolo ("New Palace of the People") to that point.
The Golf Club Perugia is situated only 3 miles from the center of the historic Etruscan city of Perugia, and within easy reach of the famous historic and cultural towns of Assisi, Gubbio, Todi, Spoleto and Cortona, and only 12 miles from Lake Trasimeno.
In Perugia all roads seem to lead to Piazza IV Novembre, once the meeting point for the ancient Etruscan and Roman civilisations. In the medieval period, it was the political centre of Perugia. Now people from all walks of life gather here to chat, slurp gelato and watch street entertainers or the odd budding opera singer.
Itinerario a Perugia: percorso Porta Sole Nonostante non venga segnalata dalle guide turistiche come una tappa necessaria nella visita di Perugia, il rione di Porta Sole e la sua porta rimangono delle attrazioni di sicuro interesse storico, artistico e culturale.
Its position coincided with what was once the east-west route axis that connected the arch of Arco dei Gigli with the gate of Porta San Luca. Visiting the well is complementary to the visit to the City Gates and Walls Museum, which offers further evidence of the level of urban development attained by Perugia during the Etruscan period.
Rocca Paolina In 1540, during the pontificate of the Farnese Pope Paul III, Perugia was last free city in Italy and was finally defeated in what is known as the Salt War. As a sign of the renewed papal dominion, the Pope commisioned Antonio da Sangallo the Younger to build an imposing fortress, this time on the city's other hill:Colle Landone.
Saint Angelo Gate (Porta Sant Angelo), Perugia (must see) Porta Sant Angelo is an impressive crenelated medieval gate located at the end of Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, the main street of Perugia’s historic district, which was surrounded by walls between the 13th and 14th centuries.
San Bevignate is a church in Perugia, Umbria, central Italy. It dates to the mid 13th century, and was expanded by the Knights Templar in the 1280s. It is notable for its 13th-century frescoes. It is named for San Bevignate, the local patron saint of the flagellant movement.
San Domenico is a Roman Catholic basilica church, located on Piazza Giordano Bruno and via del Castellano in the city of Perugia, region of Umbria, central Italy. Description. A church, titled the Pieve di Santo Stefano del Castellare, was present at the site since about the 5th century.
36 Hours in Perugia, Italy Great success of the Dottori Exhibition in Minsk (Belarus) More than eleven thousands of visitors have decreased the success of the Exhibition of the works by Gerardo Dottori, together with artworks by great Belarusian artists, in little more than our week in Minsk.