Bucharest, Aug 15 /Agerpres/ - Prince Constantin Brancoveanu, who ruled over Wallachia between 1688-1714, is considered to be one of the most important promoters of art, culture and Christianity in Wallachia, his heritage being what is now called the Brancovenesc style in art and architecture.
The Nicolae Simache Clock Museum, unique in the museum network in Romania, was founded in 1963 by NicholasSimache (1905-1972). Currently the museum is temporarily located in the Museum of History and Archaeology Prahova, until the renovation of the Luke Elefterescuhouse, in a romantic style.The museum has a collection has nearly 1,000 pieces ...
Art Museum Ploieşti. The Art Museum of Ploiesti City has its origins in the Picture Gallery of Ploiesti City, set up in November 1931 as a result of the consistent efforts of an influential group of intellectuals in Ploiesti, among whom the lawyer, politician and art collector Ion Ionescu-Quintus, architect Toma T. Socolescu, historian Dumitru ...
Muzeul ”Crama 1777” din Valea Călugărească, obiectiv de interes turistic pe Drumul Vinului, este o reproducere a Cramei de la 1777, cea mai veche construcție țărănească din lemn de pe teritoriul județului Prahova și printre cele mai reprezentative din zonele viticole ale Țării Românești, fiind construită în anul 1777 ...
The Ghighiu Monastery is an Orthodox monastery near Ploiesti. In this place, in the sixteenth century, it has been built an hermitage in the glory of Coresi Logofăt (Chancellor). In 1817, Maria Râfoveanca and her mother, Anna, donated the land and some money for the erection of a monastery.
In 1938, the house became the possession of the Constantinescu family and starting from 1993, it was converted into the museum honouring the memory of the composer Paul Constantinescu (1909 – 1963), the creator of “Ploiești Symphony”. The museum exhibits records about the life and activity of the famous composer.
Parks and other green areas are limited: the main boulevard area, the park next to the Sala Sporturilor, the park from the northern part of the city, the "Mihai Viteazul" park and another park next to the Bucov barrier. These occupy only around 85.5 ha, resulting in 3.2 m2 of green space per inhabitant.
The Monument to the Heroes of the Air (Romanian: Monumentul Eroilor Aerului), located in the Aviators' Square, on Aviators’ Boulevard, Bucharest, Romania, was built between 1930 and 1935 by the architect and sculptor Lidia Kotzebue (1885–1944), and by Iosif Fekete.
A fost căsătorit cu Suzana Stere - Paleologu şi nu au avut copii; a revenit în ţară de două ori după anul 1990, vizitând cu această ocazie parcul şi conacul de la Bucov. Muzeul memorial rămâne proiectul principal al programului de cinstire a personalităţii marelui patriot.
The museum was inaugurated on 8 October 1961, following the centennial celebration of the Romanian oil industry in 1957. It is housed in a beautiful building that allowed the arrangement of rooms and a courtyard that was transformed into an outdoor exhibition. The museum heritage has grown from 800 pieces in 1961 to over 8,000 in 1994. It is the only museum of its kind in Romania. Its establishment in Ploiesti has come as a recognition of the a city's status for the oil industry in our country.
Palatul Culturii din Ploiești Palatul Culturii din Ploiești este o construcție monumentală, realizată în stil neoclasic francez, ridicată pe baza documentației arhitecților Ernest Doneaud, arhitect român, de origine franceză, și Toma T. Socolescu, spre a servi ca Palat al Justiției.
President of the Prahova County Council, Bogdan Toader, and the Manager of the Prahova County Museum of Natural Sciences, Emilia Iancu, have participated on January 16, 2017, at the conclusion of the protocol by which OMV Petrom will transfer the National Oil Museum into Prahova County’s heritage.
Ruinele Bisericii Albe de la Târgşor. FOTO wikipedia.ro FOTO wikipedia.ro În Evul Mediu, pe locul actualei comune prahovene Târgşoru Vechi se afla oraşul Târgşor. Din vechiul centru urban, reşedinţă a domnitorilor munteni, aflat acum pe lista de oraşe dispărute din România, s-au mai păstrat doar ruinele a trei biserici ...
The Monastery of Saint Vissarion is situated in a great, full green region, 24kms away from Trikala and 5kms away from the town of Pili (the central town of the Municipality that has the same name). It is also above the village “Saint Vissarion” (ex Dousiko).
Therefore, in 2016, Smart Escape became a trademark of Real Room Escape corporate games. We turn your average team building into a memorable experience. We bring the powerful "Escape the Mansion" game to your favorite venue and engage all the participants in a breath taking interactive adventure game.
The statue of Wallachian Prince Mihai Voda Viteazul (Prince Michael the Brave) in front of the University is the first monument dedicated by Romanians to a national hero. In 1600, Prince Mihai unified for the first time the three Romanian countries, remaining in our history as a symbol of the aspirations for unity of all Romanians.