Boris stone in Druya Boris Stones (Belarusian: Барысавы камяні, [baˈrɨsavɨ kamʲaˈni]; Russian: Борисовы камни), also called Dvina Stones (Russian: Двинские камни), are seven medieval artifacts erected along the bank of the Western Dvina between Polotsk and Drissa, Belarus.
St. Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk was the third cathedral of this kind built in Ancient Rus and the fourth in the world. St. Sophia Cathedral in Polotsk like its “elder sisters” in Kiev and Novgorod was constructed to the same design as the famous Hagia Sophia Cathedral in Constantinople.
The Saviour Transfiguration Church in the town of Polatsk, Vitsebsk Province, is a monument of ancient Russian architecture. Its style suggests the Polatsk school of architecture. It was built between 1152 and 1161 by the Polatsk architect Ioann by the order of the princess St. Euphrosyne of Polatsk as a cathedral church of the Convent of the Saviour and St. Euphrosyne. In 1582, King Stefan Batory gave the church to the Order of Jesuits.