Belvedere auf dem Klausberg Belvedere auf dem Klausberg (© Harald Hirsch) Das Belvedere auf dem Gipfel des Klausberges bietet einen reizvollen Blick in den Park Sanssouci. Der von Georg Christian Unger nach antikem Vorbild errichtete Bau ist das letzte Gebäude, das nach der Vollendung des Neuen Palais 1769 im Rahmen eines Verschönerungsplanes für den Park Sanssouci unter Friedrich II. entstanden ist.
The Belvedere on the Pfingstberg (German: Belvedere auf dem Pfingstberg) is a large structure north of the New Garden in Potsdam, Germany, at the summit of Pfingstberg hill. It was commissioned by King Friedrich Wilhelm IV of Prussia and built between 1847 and 1863 as a viewing platform.
Biosphere Potsdam summer for 365 days a year. In the center of Potsdam is a place with a holiday-atmosphere 365 days a year – the Biosphere Potsdam. The jungle landscape of the Biosphere with over 20.000 beautiful plants, many exotic animals and an hourly thunderstorm with thunder and lightning takes you to a world far away.
Bornstedt is a borough of Potsdam, Germany. Located north of Sanssouci Park and the Orangery Palace, it is known for the Bornstedt Crown Estate, former residence of Princess Royal Victoria, and the Bornstedt Cemetery with numerous tombs of famous personages.
The Brandenburg Gate (German: Brandenburger Tor) on the Luisenplatz in Potsdam, not to be confused with the gate of the same name on Berlin's Pariser Platz, was built in 1770/71 by Carl von Gontard and Georg Christian Unger by order of Frederick II of Prussia.
Cecilienhof Palace (German: Schloss Cecilienhof) is a palace in Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany built from 1914 to 1917 in the layout of an English Tudor manor house. Cecilienhof was the last palace built by the House of Hohenzollern that ruled the Kingdom of Prussia and the German Empire until the end of World War I.
The Protestant Church of Peace (German: Friedenskirche) is situated in the Marly Gardens on the Green Fence (Am Grünen Gitter) in the palace grounds of Sanssouci Park in Potsdam, Germany. The church was built according to the wishes and with the close involvement of the artistically gifted King Frederick William IV and designed by the court architect, Ludwig Persius.
The Protestant Church of the Redeemer (German: Heilandskirche, Latin: S. Ecclesiae sanctissimi Salvatoris in portu sacro) is located to the south of the village of Sacrow, which since 1939 has been incorporated to Potsdam, the capital of the German Bundesland of Brandenburg.
Große Teile des ehemaligen Truppenübungsplatzes Döberitz wurden 1997 als Naturschutzgebiet "Döberitzer Heide" ausgewiesen. Es befindet sich zwischen der Bundesstraße 5 im Norden und der Bundesstraße 2 im Süden, zwischen Groß Glienicke und Seeburg im Osten sowie Fahrland und Priort im Westen.
Einstein Tower on Telegrafenberg Hill Between 1876 and 1924 a range of scientific organisations established several institutes and observatories on Potsdam´s Telegrafenberg Hill, among them the expressionist Einstein Tower, the most famous building of the architect Erich Mendelsohn.
The Extavium offers an outside-the-classroom-experience for anybody who is or wants to become interested in the natural sciences. This experience will spark everybody's interest in the natural sciences and give insight into the complex processes of nature.
The Glienicke Bridge (German: Glienicker Brücke, German pronunciation (help · info)) is a bridge across the Havel River in Germany, connecting the Wannsee district of Berlin with the Brandenburg capital Potsdam. It is named after nearby Glienicke Palace.
Potsdam-Griebnitzsee station is an S-Bahn station in Potsdam on the outskirts of Berlin in the German state of Brandenburg. The station is located in the east of the Babelsberg suburb of the city of Potsdam in the state of Brandenburg, and about 600 metres (2,000 ft) outside the Berlin city boundary.
<p><b>Heiliger See</b> is a <a href="/pages/w/113018778712129">lake</a> within the city limits of <a href="/pages/w/109599382391429">Potsdam</a>, <a href="/pages/w/111578938858622">Brandenburg</a>, <a href="/pages/w/108100019211318">Germany</a>, located northeast of the city center and bordering the historic park known as the <a href="/pages/w/349339771765646">New Garden</a>.
Nevertheless, you can visit the museum and the presentation Nolde, Feininger, Nay: From Expressionism to Art Informel for the reduced price of € 4. On Tuesdays, June 12, 19 and 26 the museum will be closed regularly. On the final construction days (June 28 and 29) the museum will be closed.
Nauener Tor Adjacent to the Dutch Quarter, the large gate "Nauener Tor" is one of Potsdam´s central meeting places. Once the summer months draw near, the five restaurants at Nauener Tor quickly fill up with guests seeking an extensive break from the hustle and bustle.
Starting in 1787, Frederick William II of Prussia (1744-1797) arranged to have a new garden laid out on this site, and it came to be known by this rather prosaic name. The New Garden is one of the ensembles comprising the UNESCO World Heritage Site "Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin," a status awarded in 1990.
The New Palace (German: Neues Palais) is a palace situated on the western side of the Sanssouci park in Potsdam, Germany. The building was begun in 1763, after the end of the Seven Years' War, under King Friedrich II (Frederick the Great) and was completed in 1769. It is considered to be the last great Prussian Baroque palace.
Old Market Square (2005, before the reconstruction of the City Palace) Carl Christian Wilhelm Baron — Alter Markt in Potsdam (1772) The Old Market Square (German: Alter Markt) is a centrally located square in downtown Potsdam which forms the historical center of the city.
The Orangery Palace (German: Orangerieschloss) is a palace located in the Sanssouci Park of Potsdam, Germany. also known as the New Orangery on the Klausberg, or just the Orangery. It was built on behest of the "Romantic on the Throne", King Friedrich Wilhelm IV (Frederick William IV of Prussia) from 1851 to 1864.
Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin www.spsg.de /schloesser-gaerten /objekt /pfaueninsel / Pfaueninsel (help · info) ("Peacock Island") is an island in the River Havel situated in Berlin-Wannsee, in southwestern Berlin, near the border with Potsdam and Brandenburg.
The Sacrower See is a German lake in the northern part of Potsdam in the State of Brandenburg. Overview The Sacrower See, with the Groß Glienicker See 0.7 km to the north and the Heiliger See 1.6 km from Potsdam, forms a chain of lakes which flow into the extensive network of Havel River waterways.
Sanssouci Park is a large park surrounding Sanssouci Palace in Potsdam, Germany. Following the terracing of the vineyard and the completion of the palace, the surroundings were included in the structure. A baroque flower garden with lawns, flower beds, hedges and trees was created. In the hedge quarter 3,000 fruit trees were planted.
When contemplating your visit to Sanssouci, remember that it is all a museum and that the museum we know as Sanssouci contains a significant treasure in its core: The Picture Gallery. For additional information, go to http://www.potsdam-park-sanssouci.de/home.html.
The Volkspark Potsdam holds plenty of new ideas and a multitude of appealing attractions and offers. The former BUGA space, created to host the 2001 Federal Horticultural Show in the fairly new district of Potsdam Bornstedter Feld provides an ideal ground for leisure and sport activities.