The name Bistrica means "clearwater" in Serbian. The adjective Prizrenska, "of Prizren", is added to distinguish it from other Bistrica rivers in the Metohija region: Dečanska Bistrica ("of Dečani"), Pećka Bistrica ("of Peć"), Kožnjarska Bistrica ("of Kožnjar"), Loćanska Bistrica ("of Loćan"), etc.
The Cathedral of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour (also known as Precinct of the Lady Helper Church and Con-cathedral of the Lady Helper) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Prizren, Kosovo, seat of the Apostolic Administration of Prizren. History. The Cathedral of Prizren was commissioned in 1870 by Dario Bucciarelli, Archbishop of Skopje.
Prizren (Albanian: Prizreni; Serbian Cyrillic: Призрен, pronounced ) is a city and municipality located in the Prizren District of Kosovo. According to the 2011 census, the city of Prizren has 85,119 inhabitants, while the municipality has 177,781 inhabitants.
The Sinan Pasha Mosque is an Ottoman mosque in the city of Prizren, Kosovo. It was built in 1615 by Sofi Sinan Pasha, bey of Budim. The mosque overlooks the main street of Prizren and is a dominant feature in the town's skyline. Sinan Pasha Mosque was declared a Monument of Culture of Exceptional Importance in 1990 by the Republic of Serbia.