Rangpur (Bengali: রংপুর) is one of the major cities in Bangladesh and Rangpur Division. Rangpur was declared a district headquarters on 16 December 1769, and established as a municipality in 1869, making it one of the oldest municipalities in Bangladesh.
Rangpur central zoo is one of the main amusement and recreation spot of Rangpur city. With an area of 20.27 acre of lush green trees and grasses, the Rangpur zoo is located east side of Hanuman-tola road beside police-line, not far from Rangpur district Administration office. The Zoo has 193 individual animals of 28 species.
Following areas of Rangpur City and its outskirts are under 3G coverage now: Dhapbazar, Munshipara, Islampur, Radhaballav, Raja Rammohon Market, Cantonment, Darshana College Para, Zahaj Company mor, Senpara, Kamal kasna, Shapla Chattar, Railway, Modern mor, Chawkbazar, Satmatha, Terminal, Chartola mor, Lalbagh and Haragas.
After the death of Harendra Narayan when his son Mohendranarayan died as Childless then his adopted son Mohendra Narayan was landlord of the state. After his death Bhupendra Narayan was the last landlord of this estate. kachari house of ruined Landlord house is now used as Pirgasha registrar office.
They are – Tajhat Palace, Ramsagar National Park, Rangpur Zoo, Kantajew Temple, Swapnopuri Mini Zoo, Mission More, Funcity Amusement Park, Burimari Land Port, Dinajpur Rajbari, Shapla Chattar, Deer Zoo, Shirin Park, Nilsagar, Balubari Shahid Minar Mor, New Engineerpara Panir Tank, Nawabganj National Park, Medical Moar, Honuman ola Moar, Indira Moor, Mulatol Moar/Mulatol Amtola, Parbatipur Shohid Minar, RCCI School Moar, Shialur Moar, Jolkar Moar, Begum Rokaya Old Mosque etc.
Shaheed Minar National Monument - Honoring the Bengali Language Movement Martyrs Located near the Dhaka Medical College in Dhaka, Bangladesh, the national monument known as Shaheed Minar, was established in memory of those who were killed during the 1952 Bengali Language Movement demonstrations.
Rangpur is the centre of northwestern Bangladesh. Rangpur used to be the headquarter of Greater Rangpur district. Later the Greater Rangpur district was broken down into Rangpur, Kurigram, Nilphamari, Lalmonirhat and Gaibandha districts. A public university "Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur" was recently started in the southern part of the city.
Tajhat Palace is located at Tajhat, the southern end of Rangpur city. It was the earlier high court building established in 1984 called the Tajhat, a former zamindar's palace. After the end of the British Raj, the building was abandoned and decayed rapidly, although it was used for a few years as a courthouse during the 1980s.