The church Sveta Troitsa (Holy Trinity) is the oldest church in city of Russe. It was built in 1962 and is a digged in the ground pseudo-basilica with size of 15.60 x 31.20 m. The bell tower is 19 meters high and has 5 bells. It has a hexagonal shape and was built of hewn stones taken from the ruined wall of Ruschushkata fortress.
The Baba Tonka Museum in Ruse re-opened Tuesday after twenty-three years. The house that belonged to the mother of revolutionary Nikola Obretenov will host a brand new exhibition dedicated to the freedom movements and revolutionary fights in Bulgaria prior to the San Stefano Peace Treaty of 1878.
The Rock-hewn Churches of Ivanovo (Bulgarian: Ивановски скални църкви, Ivanovski skalni tsarkvi) are a group of monolithic churches, chapels and monasteries hewn out of solid rock and completely different from other monastery complexes in Bulgaria, located near the village of Ivanovo, 20 km south of Rousse, on the high rocky banks of the Rusenski Lom, 32 m above the river.
The Rousse Regional Historical Museum was established in 1904. Its basis are the archeological collections of Karel and Hermenguild Shkorpil, as well as of the naturalist Vasil Kovachev, which were gathered in the "Knyaz Boris" men's high school of Rousse.
The Rusenski Lom (Bulgarian: Русенски Лом) is a river in northeastern Bulgaria, the last major right tributary of the Danube. It is formed by the rivers Beli Lom and Cherni Lom, the former taking its source south of Razgrad and the latter southeast of Popovo.
Archaeological work is ongoing at this former Roman fortress at a high point along the Danube. Research attests to some 2000 years of continued military use, from an ancient Thracian settlement through the Roman period in the first centuries AD to the Slavs, Bulgarians and Turks.
Nearby is the Ruse Courthouse, which was built in 1940 on the location of the old fish market. You can’t miss it; just look out for the fountain in front of it. Left of the monument, at the end of the pedestrian street, is the brightly colored Ruse Opera House. It was founded in 1949 and has since been used for various types of performances, from ballet to concerts.