Annadel Estate Winery, established in the 1880s, had been neglected for decades when owner Dean Bordigioni purchased the property in 2007. Today Annadel thrives as a burgeoning winery as well as an elegant, world class wedding and event site, organic produce farm and exquisite heirloom flower business.
Established in 1971, the Annex Galleries is a salon style gallery which specializes in 19th, 20th and 21st century American and European fine prints. With an inventory of over 8000 works on paper (half of which are available on this website), our focus is American color woodcut, Arts and Crafts prints, WPA prints, modernist and Abstract ...
The Art Museum of Sonoma County presents national and international exhibitions of modern and contemporary art. The Museum's collection features artists who have lived and worked in Northern California. With diverse education programs, the Museum serves as a creative forum and public gathering place.
The Carrillo Adobe was constructed in the 1830s and is said to be the oldest standing structure in Santa Rosa, containing significant associations to the city’s history. TAC personnel are working with local archaeologists, tribal representatives, and preservation enthusiasts concerning the future and potential preservation of the historic adobe.
Shop The Museum Store. Filled with exclusive product to the Museum, the Store features an array of Peanuts gifts - perfect for your friends, family, co-workers, or even yourself! More. Delve into Schulz’s Life. Engage with the NEW interactive timeline. Learn how Schulz got his nickname "Sparky," and see highlights of his life and the Museum's collection.
Located in downtown Santa Rosa and adjacent to beautiful Juilliard Park, this magnificent venue was built in 1873 from a single 275-foot-tall redwood tree milled in Guerneville. Restored in 2009, the church maintains much of its beautiful original structure, while boasting modern upgrades.
COFFEY PARK HAS BURNED. The entire park and subdivision of the Northwestern part of Santa Rosa has been destroyed by wildfire as of October 9th, 2017. I refuse to give it a low rating because I grew up there and my family's home of almost 40 years is gone. It used to be the best park. It used to be the only place I ever wanted to be. Please pray for us and the thousands of families displaced by the Tubbs fire.
The Colgan Creek Trail is a 1.2-mile paved trail running along a portion of the creek between Bellevue Avenue and Todd Road in southwest Santa Rosa. This accessible trail offers an urban, streamside stroll with some birdwatching opportunities and some views of the Laguna de Santa Rosa watershed.
Although it’s not quite 555 feet like the Washington Monument, the Santa Rosa Monument named “Cyclisk” certainly has a lot more character. Created from 340 bicycles, and standing at 65 feet high, the monument is an eye-catching, roadside display of public art.
Entrance off Sonoma Avenue and right onto Doyle Park Dr will allow you to park nearest the playground and dog park; Entrance off Farmers Lane and head west onto Hoen Frontage Road will allow you to park near the softball field and clubhouse; Reservations There are 3 picnic sites available to be reserved.
Fountain Grove was a utopian colony founded near Santa Rosa, California, by Thomas Lake Harris in 1875. Most of its settlers were followers of Harris's Brotherhood of the New Life and moved with Harris from their previous colony at Brocton, New York.
Fountaingrove Lake is a reservoir in the city of Santa Rosa, California, United States. Formed by the Fountaingrove Dam, the lake is fed from the east by Piner Creek, which is also the lake's sole outlet. Fountaingrove Dam is an earthen dam built in 1953. It is 38 ft (12 m) high, 500 ft (150 m) long, and 15 ft (5 m) wide.
Juilliard Park is one of Santa Rosa's oldest parks. The park site was once home to the Juilliard Family. A 2-story Victorian house stood near the center of the park on Santa Rosa Avenue, and the rest was orchard. The home was built in 1872 by Charles F. Juilliard, a winemaker.
The trail loops around Kelly Pond, which offers an overlook for great bird-watching. An additional 0.6-mile pedestrian-only segment loops off the trail toward the riparian cover along the channel and connects with Sebastopol's Laguna de Santa Rosa Wetland Preserve Trail.
While there are scattered restoration efforts and projects by other entities such as the State Department of Fish and Game, the City of Santa Rosa, and the Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation, the City of Sebastopol's Wetland Preserve is the only area specifically designed for public access and passive recreation and educational uses.
Welcome to the official website for the Home, Greenhouse, and Gardens where world-renowned horticulturist, Luther Burbank, lived and experimented with plants for most of his 50-year career. This Registered National, State & City Historic Landmark is a unique urban garden located at the corner of Santa Rosa and Sonoma Avenues in Santa Rosa, California.
Nagasawa was among the earliest Japanese immigrants to the United States. He had met Harris at the latter’s community in upstate New York and came with him to Santa Rosa. At Fountaingrove, Nagasawa hosted numerous Japanese visitors. After Nagasawa's death, Errol MacBoyle purchased the ranch.
In the 1980s, the Prince Memorial Greenway - a half-mile creekside bike and pedestrian trail from Santa Rosa City Hall to historic Railroad Square - was born, transforming the creek with terraces, trails, plazas and artwork. Native vegetation was planted along the creek beds, and habitat created for steelhead trout. Today stone retaining walls, trails to the water's edge, sculptures and curved staircases add to the riparian experience.
Railroad Square is the historic heart of the downtown and is Santa Rosa’s “Old Town”. Railroad Square was honored with a listing on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 because of its preservation efforts for restoring and preserving the significant architectural buildings that represent the influence the railroad had on a community.
This park is 18.9 acres. Parking. Entrance off Montecito Boulevard will put you by the softball field and dog park. Entrance off Badger Road will put you by the soccer field, picnic tables and playground. Street parking is also available; Reservations There are 2 picnic sites available for reservation.
For over 50 years, Schramsberg Vineyards has been committed to crafting extraordinary sparkling wines. Living and working on the Napa Valley Diamond Mountain property, the Davies family and Schramsberg team have focused on creating wines that reflect the passion and experience of the people behind each bottle.
Skategarden Park joins other Matching Grant projects in Sebastopol such as Meadowlark Field and Tomodachi Park. The City and the Laguna de Santa Rosa Foundation used District funds for riparian and upland restoration on Meadowlark Field, which sits along the eastern entry to Sebastopol on the north side of Highway 12 and includes a section of the Laguna de Santa Rosa Regional Trail.
Spring Lake Regional Park in Santa Rosa is one of Sonoma County's most popular parks, featuring trails, a campground, picnic areas, a natural history center, and a summer swimming lagoon. Trails. With nearly 10 miles of trails, Spring Lake is a favorite destination for hiking, running, biking and horseback riding.
Taylor Mountain Regional Park & Open Space Preserve is a prominent landmark in southeast Santa Rosa and offers panoramic views of the city from trails that climb to the summit. This 1,100-acre park features grassy hillsides, oak woodlands and several creeks that all provide habitat for a variety of wildlife.
The park, 60 miles north of San Francisco on the eastern edge of Santa Rosa offers miles of trails for hiking, mountain biking, and trail riding. For wildflower lovers, Trione-Annadel State Park offers a great variety of flowers from early Spring until early Summer, especially on a hike around Lake Ilsanjo.
The Petaluma and Santa Rosa Electric Railway Depot built in 1917 was restored in 1993, and today is the home of the West County Museum at 261 South Main Street in Sebastopol, CA.The West County Museum opened in 1993 in the old downtown electric train station with an exhibit on the Railroad.