Workout, Explore St. Louis; Art Hill not to be confused with the famous St. Louis Hippie Hill is another beautifully iconic location inside of our beloved Forest Park. The hill is an extension of the St. Louis Art Museum and sits just between their parking lots. An amazing statue dons the top of the hill and the Grand Basin (water fall) rest at the bottom.
The Basilica of Saint Louis, King of France (French: Cathédrale Saint-Louis-Roi-de-France de Saint-Louis), formerly the Cathedral of Saint Louis, and colloquially the Old Cathedral, was the first cathedral west of the Mississippi River and until 1845 the only parish church in the city of St. Louis, Missouri.
The Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site / k ə ˈ h oʊ k i ə / is the site of a pre-Columbian Native American city (circa 1050–1350 CE) directly across the Mississippi River from modern St. Louis, Missouri. This historic park lies in southern Illinois between East St. Louis and Collinsville.
Carondelet Park ranks as St. Louis' third largest park. It boasts a beautiful boathouse, a fantastic rec-center and pool, walking paths, tennis courts, ball fields, horseshoe pits, playgrounds, etc. Most of all, the location is impeccable. This park was established in 1875.
The Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis, also known as the Saint Louis Cathedral, is a cathedral of the Roman Catholic Church located in the Central West End area of St. Louis, Missouri. Completed in 1914, it is the mother church of the Archdiocese of St. Louis and the seat of its archbishop, currently Robert James Carlson.
The old Chain of Rocks Bridge spans the Mississippi River on the north edge of St. Louis, Missouri. The eastern end of the bridge is on Chouteau Island, (part of Madison, Illinois), while the western end is on the Missouri shoreline. Its most notable feature is a 22-degree bend occurring at the middle of the crossing.
Visit one of the top 10 streets in the United States, The Delmar Loop with more than 145 specialty shops including entertainment, restaurants, galleries & more. Visit one of the top 10 streets in the United States, The Delmar Loop with more than 145 specialty shops including entertainment, restaurants, galleries & more.
The Field House Museum was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2007. It was opened December 18, 1936 as the first historic house museum in St. Louis. The Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has also been named a City of St. Louis Landmark.
Fairground Park Lake bridge by Mark Groth Fairground Park is a municipal park in St. Louis, Missouri, that opened in 1908. It was originally a privately owned facility, used by the St. Louis Agricultural and Mechanical Association for the St. Louis Exposition from 1856 through 1902, though interrupted by the Civil War when the Fairgrounds were used as a Union encampment known as Benton Barracks.
Forest Park belongs to all St. Louisans. Owned and operated by the City of St. Louis, Forest Park is one of 105 city parks under the jurisdiction of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry. Forest Park, officially opened to the public on June 24, 1876, is one of the largest urban parks in the United States.
Francis Park is one of 2 parks serving the beautiful St. Louis Hills neighborhood, along with Willmore Park. The neighborhood that flanks the park includes tree lined streets, a school, churches on every corner and lots and lots of well maintained and cared for homes.
The Gateway Arch is a 630-foot (192 m) monument in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Clad in stainless steel and built in the form of a weighted catenary arch, it is the world's tallest arch, the tallest man-made monument in the Western Hemisphere, and Missouri's tallest accessible building.
The Gateway Arch reflects St. Louis' role in the Westward Expansion of the United States during the nineteenth century. The park is a memorial to Thomas Jefferson's role in opening the West, to the pioneers who helped shape its history, and to Dred Scott who sued for his freedom in the Old Courthouse.
Today the Emerson Grand Basin is one of the most popular sites in St. Louis for wedding and prom photos. On snowy days, Art Hill — between the Basin and the Art Museum — is a favorite family sledding spot for generations of St. Louisans.
This 1.9 acre park, was originally dedicated in 1962. Named in honor of Kiener who was born in St. Louis on February 27, 1881. He was an amateur boxer, wrestler, and swimmer, but he is most noted for his position on the U.S. track team at the Olympics held in St. Louis in 1904 during the World's Fair.
Laclede's Landing (/ l ə ˈ k l i d z ˈ l æ n d ɪ ŋ /), colloquially "the Landing", is a small urban historic district in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. It marks the northern part of the original settlement founded by the Frenchman Pierre Laclède, whose landing on the riverside the placename commemorates.
Lafayette Square is a neighborhood in St. Louis, Missouri, which is bounded on the north by Chouteau Avenue, on the south by Interstate 44, on the east by Truman Parkway, and on the west by South Jefferson Avenue. It surrounds Lafayette Park (see below), which is the city's oldest public park — created by local ordinance in 1836.
The Lewis and Clark State Historic Site opened in 2002 and is owned and operated by the Illinois Historic Preservation Division. The site, located in Hartford, Illinois, commemorates Camp River Dubois, the camp of the Lewis and Clark Expedition from December 1803 to May 1804.
Jeffrey Bonner, Ph.D., Dana Brown President and CEO of the Saint Louis Zoo congratulates Addie Davis, age 3, along with her father Dustin Davis, for being the 5 millionth rider on the Mary Ann Lee Conservation Carousel. Addie and Dustin Davis are from St. Louis.
The National Blues Museum is a non-profit organization that explores the Blues and celebrates the genre as the foundation of all modern American music. The National Blues Museum is a non-profit organization that explores the Blues and celebrates the genre as the foundation of all modern American music.
The majestic Old Courthouse has remained over the past 150 years as one of St. Louis' most prominent architectural landmarks and is now the visitors' center for the Gateway Arch. Visit the Old Courhouse to purchase your timed tickets to enter the Arch, ride to the top and see the film Monument to the Dream.
Powell Hall History Erected in 1925 as the St. Louis Theatre, the building now known as Powell Symphony Hall was acquired by the St. Louis Symphony Society in 1966 through a $500,000 gift from Oscar Johnson, Jr., a longtime leader and benefactor of the Orchestra.
The Pulitzer Arts Foundation believes in the power of direct experiences with art. The museum presents historic and contemporary art in dynamic interplay with its celebrated Tadao Ando building, offering unexpected experiences and inspiring new perspectives.
Robert G. Campbell House - City Landmark #6. Robert Campbell bought the house at what was originally 20 Lucas Place in 1854. The current address is 1508 Locust Street. The House was build for J.H. Hall in 1851 by architect William Fulton. It has three stories of red brick, and a stucco front. The house is designed in the Greek Revival style applied to a Victorian townhouse.
The Saint Louis Art Museum is one of the nation's leading comprehensive art museums, containing more than 30,000 works of art. Our collections include works of exceptional quality from virtually every culture and time period. Areas of notable depth include Oceanic art, pre-Columbian art, ancient ...
Scott Joplin House State Historic Site, which stands as a testimony to his talent and hard work, also includes museum exhibits that interpret Joplin’s life. The Rosebud Café, a reconstructed structure that recreates a turn-of-the-century bar and gaming club, is available for rent.
The Hill is a neighborhood within St. Louis, Missouri, located on high ground south of Forest Park. The official boundaries of the area are Manchester Avenue on the north, Columbia and Southwest Avenues on the south, South Kingshighway Boulevard on the east, and Hampton Avenue on the west.
Opened in 1996, Turtle Playground is a magnet for children of all ages who love climbing on the backs of the giant reptiles. Although it is located on the south side of Interstate 64/US 40, the playground is part of Forest Park and can be accessed by the Tamm Avenue overpass near the Saint Louis Zoo parking lot.
The last major Park to be developed in the City of St. Louis. 70 acres of Willmore Park was donated by Cyrus Crane Willmore. Mr. Willmore was a prominent St. Louis developer, responsible for many suburban sub-divisions in University City, Webster Groves and Normandy. His main St. Louis contributions ...