The Accorsi – Ometto Museum is a private museum based in Turin, northern Italy. It is chronologically the first decorative arts museum in Italy. The museum was originated from a legacy left by Pietro Accorsi (Turin, 1891–1982) and was opened by Giulio Ometto, president for life of the "Fondation Pietro Accorsi" and Director ad interim of the museum.
Turin The Basilica of Our Lady Help of Christians (Italian: Basilica di Santa Maria Ausiliatrice) is a church in Turin, northern Italy. Originally part of the home for poor boys founded by John Bosco, it now contains the remains of Bosco, and 6,000 relics of other saints.
The mountain at which the Basilica is found was the site of the Superga air disaster of Grande Torino football team in 1949. Royal crypt The Royal crypt is the traditional burial place of members of the House of Savoy, successively Dukes of Savoy, Kings of Sardinia and Kings of Italy.
The Chapel of the Holy Shroud (Italian: Cappella della Sacra Sindone) is a Baroque-style Roman Catholic chapel in Turin in northern Italy. Located outside the Turin Cathedral and connected to the Royal Palace of Turin, the chapel was designed by the architect Guarino Guarini and built at the end of the 17th century (1668–94), during the reign of Charles Emmanuel II, Duke of Savoy.
The Giardini Reali are in the “backyard” of the gigantic complex of Musei Reali, that are really beautiful and worth a visit. The Giardini were closed for a long period and opened a year ago. They’re still a work in progress, with only a small portion fully accessible to the public.
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Turin The church of Gran Madre di Dio is a Neoclassic-style church located in front of Piazza Vittorio Veneto, at the western side of the bridge dedicted to Vittorio Emanuele I, in Turin, region of Piedmont, Italy.
21. May. 2018 - in: Stadium & Museum One million visitors and counting at Juventus... 04. Apr. 2018 - in: Stadium & Museum Juventus Museum ranked in the Top 50 Italian... 29. Mar. 2018 - in: Stadium & Museum A great week ahead at Juventus Museum; 27. Mar. 2018 - in: Stadium & Museum Barbie becomes part of the Juventus Museum! 18.
La Mandria Regional Park is a park in the comuni of Venaria Reale and Druento, near Turin, northern Italy. Founded in 1978 by the regional council of Piedmont, it occupies a wide area between the Stura di Lanzo torrent and the north-western part of Turin and Venaria.
Lingotto public transport. Torino Lingotto railway station is served by a number of regional train lines, as well as the Turin Metro (Lingotto M1). It is a central hub, located close to Turin's hospitals (such as CTO Hospital (Turin)), parks (Castello Valentino) and the Lingotto shopping district.
The Museo Egizio is an archaeological museum in Turin, Piedmont, Italy, specialising in Egyptian archaeology and anthropology. It houses one of the largest collections of Egyptian antiquities with more than 30,000 artefacts. In 2015 it received about 772,900 visitors.
The National Museum of the Italian Risorgimento (Museo nazionale del Risorgimento italiano) is the first, the biggest and the most important among the 23 museums in Italy dedicated to the Risorgimento, the only one which can be considered "National" according to a 1901 law and due to its rich and great collections.
The Palace of Venaria (Italian: Reggia di Venaria Reale) is a former royal residence and gardens located in Venaria Reale, near Turin in the Metropolitan City of Turin of the Piedmont region in northern Italy. It is one of the Residences of the Royal House of Savoy, included in the UNESCO Heritage List in 1997. It received 1,012,033 visitors in 2016.
The Palatine Gate (Italian: Porta Palatina or Porte Palatine; Piedmontese: Tor Roman-e) is a Roman Age city gate located in Turin, Italy. The gate provided access through the city walls of Julia Augusta Taurinorum (modern Turin) from the North side and, as a result, it constituted the Porta Principalis Dextra (Right-Side Main Gate) of the old town.
Palazzo Carignano is a historical building in the centre of Turin, Italy, which houses the Museum of the Risorgimento. It was a private residence of the Princes of Carignano, after whom it is named. Its rounded façade is different from other façades of the same structure.
Parco del Valentino (also known as Valentino Park) is a popular public park in Turin, Italy. It is located along the west bank of the Po river. It covers an area of 500,000m², which makes it Turin's second largest park (Turin's largest park, the 840,000m² Pellerina Park, is Italy's most extended urban green area).
Turin's central square is lined with museums, theatres and cafes. The city's Savoy heart, although laid out from the mid-1300s, was mostly constructed from the 16th to 18th centuries. Dominating it is the part-medieval, part-baroque Palazzo Madama, the original seat of the Italian parliament.
Piazza San Carlo is one of the main city squares in Turin, Italy. It was laid out in the 16th and 17th century and is an example of Baroque style. Its current name is an hommage to Charles Borromeo while the square was previously known as Piazza Reale, Piazza d'Armi, and Place Napoleon.
Turin (/ tj ʊəˈr ɪ n, ˈ t ʊər ɪ n /; Italian: Torino ( listen); Piemontese: Turin) is a city and an important business and cultural centre in northern Italy. It is the capital city of the Metropolitan City of Turin (an administrative division of Italy) and of the Piedmont region, and was the first capital city of Italy from 1861 to 1865.
The Royal Armoury of Turin (Italian: Armeria Reale) is one of the world’s most important collections of arms and armour, formed in Turin by the Savoy family. The museum is now part of the Musei Reali di Torino, the royal site that has unified the Royal Palace, the Sabauda Gallery, the Archaeological Museum, the Royal Library and the Armoury.
The Royal Palace of Turin (Italian: Palazzo Reale di Torino) is a historic palace of the House of Savoy in the city of Turin in Northern Italy. It was originally built in the 16th century and was later modernized by Christine Marie of France (1606–63) in the 17th century, with designs by the Baroque architect Filippo Juvarra.
Santa Cristina is a Baroque style, Roman Catholic church located in Turin, region of Piedmont, Italy. It mirrors the adjacent church of San Carlo and faces the Piazza San Carlo. The arrangement recalls the twin churches (chiese gemelle) of Santa Maria dei Miracoli (1681) and Santa Maria in Montesanto (1679) facing the Piazza del Popolo in Rome. History. The original layout was designed in 1620 ...
The Santuario della Consolata or, in its full name, the Church of the Virgin of the Consolation is a prominent Marian sanctuary and minor basilica in central Turin, Piedmont, Italy. Colloquially, the sanctuary is known as La Consla. It is located on the intersection of Via Consolata and Via Carlo Ignazio Giulio.
The Turin Museum of Natural History (Italian: Museo Regionale di Scienze Naturali di Torino or MRSN) was established in 1978 to house the natural history collections of the University of Turin and other collections of natural history, originated from specific research campaigns and donations.