The Patuxai was dedicated to those who fought in the struggle for independence from France. In romanising the name from the Laotian language, it is variously transliterated as Patuxai, Patuxay, Patousai and Patusai. It is also called Patuxai Arch or the Arc de Triomphe of Vientiane as it resembles the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
The Chao Anouvong Park is a beautiful park of the city of Vientiane (Laos), located in the heart of the city, next to the banks of the Mekong River and the Presidential Palace in Vientiane. Chao Anouvong is a Green Park suitable for walks, sport, do some shopping, and admire the majestic statue of the King Chao Anouvong.
To foreign visitors, particularly Americans, the COPE Visitor Centre is jarring and incredibly informative. The shadow war in Laos is clearly presented, complete with a sculpture of a dangling UXO right at the entrance. The “COPE” sign on the side of the building is created from used prosthetic feet. Dangling inside are dozens of worn-out prosthetic limbs, returned by bomb victims in exchange for new prosthetics.
Lao National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LNCCI), Vientiane Capital Chamber of Commerce and Industry and members received a courtesy visit of the Thailand chamber of Commerce Committee with businessmen from Royal of Thailand at the LNCCI meeting room, at 13:30 – 16:00 h on 30 Jun 2016.
Vientiane is a city found in Vientiane, Laos. It is located 17.97 latitude and 102.60 longitude and it is situated at elevation 174 meters above sea level. Vientiane has a population of 196,731 making it the biggest city in Vientiane. It operates on the BMT time zone.
This statue of the King is located on the Mekong River in central Vientiane. It was created in 2010 as part of the 450th anniversary of Vientiane by the Lao government. The statue is the centre piece of the Chao Anouvong Park. The state is many times life-sized, maybe 4x, and constructed from bronze.
The Lao People’s Army History Museum in Vientiane, Laos is located near the Ministry of Defense on Kaisone Phomvihane Road. Established in 1976, the museum contains weapons, tools, and photos of the Lao People’s Army during the revolutionary period from 1950 until the liberation for independence of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic in 1975.
At this dry season of the year, the Mekong River was dried and was not at the height of its full beauty. But as the rays of the sunset lingers through the gaps of the tall grasses that grows at the river bank, the view of the Mekong River was awesome and mesmerizing picturesque.
Talat Sao is split into two distinct sections: The air-conditioned shopping mall (the only one in Laos) is the best place to find electronics, sports equipment and jewellery, while the cavernous original Morning Market is fairly overflowing with mass-produced silks, cheap T-shirts, trinkets and other souvenir type items. Talat Sao is the market to visit if you are looking for something in particular – although bear in mind that the catwalks of Paris and Milan are a long way from Vientiane.
The Nam Phou fountain is located in a plaza in the center of Vientiane ( Laos), in the street Rue Pangkham, Vientiane, Laos. Due to its location, in the center of Vientiane, the best option to visit the Nam Phou fountain and the Nam Phou square square is to walk.
Vientiane is known for its laidback atmosphere, and its list of quaint, uncrowded, yet on the whole impressive attractions reflects this fact. Age old Buddhist temples are scattered throughout, while quirky riverside markets sit next to interesting cultural sites and colonial French architecture.
Patuxai (Lao: ປະຕູໄຊ, literally meaning Victory Gate or Gate of Triumph, formerly the Anousavary or Anosavari Monument, known by the French as Monument Aux Morts) is a war monument in the centre of Vientiane, Laos, built between 1957 and 1968.
Pha That Luang (Lao: ທາດຫຼວງ, IPA: [tʰâːt lwǎːŋ] 'Great Stupa') is a gold-covered large Buddhist stupa in the centre of the city of Vientiane, Laos. Since its initial establishment, suggested to be in the 3rd century, the stupa has undergone several reconstructions as recently as the 1930s due to foreign invasions of the area. It is generally regarded as the most important national monument in Laos and a national symbol.
The official name of the bridge was changed by the addition of "First" after the Second Thai–Lao Friendship Bridge further south at Savannakhet opened in January 2007. Road traffic. Traffic on the bridge drives on the left, as in Thailand, while traffic in Laos drives on the right.
That Dam, or black stupa, is located on a quiet roundabout not far from Talat Sao (the morning market) and the American Embassy. That in Laotian refers to an inverted bell shape (or unopened lotus flower) structure that usually contains relics of the Buddha.
Wat That Luang Tai Another temple that is currently preserved and that escort to Pha That Luang in the southern part is the temple Wat That Luang Tai. With a height far from Wat That Luang Neua this temple of South distinguished by their bright colors and decoration inside the temple.
Ngoc Son Temple Travel Guide Ngoc Son Temple is one of the most visited temple in Hanoi which located on a little island in the northern part of Hoan Kiem Lake. The Huc Bridge as know as an elegant bridge which constructed in classical Vietnamese style and lined with flags, connects the island to the lakeshore.
The Wat Inpeng or Vat Inpeng is one of the less visited temples in the center of Vientiane, found near the banks of the Mekong river. Built in the 16 th century, the temple was destroyed in 1827 during the invasion by the Siamese who destroyed most of the town. It has been rebuilt and renovated several times.
Wat Mixai, or the Temple of Victory, was built during the reign of King Sai Setthathirat (1550-1571) to celebrate the victory over the Burmese troops during the 16th century Lao-Burma war. It was renovated in the early 1900s and adopted a Central Thai style of religious architecture.
Wat Ong Teu Mahawihan (Temple of the Heavy Buddha) is one of many Buddhist monasteries in the city of Vientiane in Laos. This name is given to the temple due to the large, bronze Phra Ong Teu Buddha image that is in the temple: the largest Buddha in Vientiane.
Wat Si Muang. Opening Hours: The temple is open from 06:00 to 19:00 every day; Location: Wat Si Muang is located at the eastern end of Thanon Setthathirath, in the triangular area formed just before the street merges with Thanon Samsenthai and turns into Thanon Thadeua.
Wat Si Saket located in Vientiane is famous for its cloister wall housing thousands of tiny Buddha images and rows with hundreds of seated Buddhas. These images mainly date from the 16th and 19th centuries and come in all sizes and are made from wood, stone and bronze – more than 6,800 Buddhas in total.
Wat Sok Pa Luang is a temple hidden away in the forests surrounding Vientiane and the perfect place to try your hand at meditation. Wat Sok Pa Luang is a temple hidden away in the forests surrounding Vientiane and the perfect place to try your hand at meditation.