The Czapski Palace (Polish: Pałac Czapskich, IPA: [ˈpawat͡s ˈt͡ʂapskʲix]), also called the Krasiński, Sieniawski or Raczyński Palace, is a substantial palace in the center of Warsaw, at 5 Krakowskie Przedmieście. It is considered one of the most distinguished examples of rococo architecture in Poland's capital.
The Church of the Holy Cross (Polish: Bazylika Świętego Krzyża) is a Roman Catholic house of worship in Warsaw, Poland. Located on Krakowskie Przedmieście opposite the main Warsaw University campus, it is one of the most notable Baroque churches in Poland's capital.
Located on <a href="/pages/w/107918472563993">Warsaw's</a> Okopowa Street and abutting the <a href="/pages/w/137881012907054">Powązki Cemetery</a> at, the Jewish necropolis was established in 1806 and occupies 33 <a href="/pages/w/106037112760191">hectare</a>s (83 acres) of land.
18.11.2014 Wielkopolska Poznań birds Wielkopolskie Lake District National Park of Wielkopolska national park. National Park of Wielkopolska. The picturesque lake district almost at the borders of Poznań is a real paradise for cyclists and ….. birds, especially wild geese.
The Ghetto Heroes Monument (Polish: pomnik Bohaterów Getta) is a monument in Warsaw, Poland, commemorating the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943 during the Second World War. It is located in the area which was formerly a part of the Warsaw Ghetto, at the spot where the first armed clash of the uprising took place.
Perhaps most impressive is the remarkable clarity with which films - following themes such as Chopin’s Warsaw, Modern Warsaw or Legends of Warsaw - are able to be projected onto the wall of water, while accompanying music ranging from Chopin to Lady Gaga resounds from the surrounding speakers.
The Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw features a large collection of works by Polish and Eastern European artists. If it goes according to plan, the museum will move out of its current location and into a new building in the Parade Square area of the city in 2019.
The Nicolaus Copernicus Monument in Warsaw is one of the Polish capital's notable landmarks. It stands before the Staszic Palace, the seat of the Polish Academy of Sciences on Krakowskie Przedmieście. Designed by Bertel Thorvaldsen in 1822, it was completed in 1830.
Ostrogski Palace, or Ostrogski Castle (Polish: Pałac Ostrogskich, or Zamek Ostrogskich), is a mansion in the city center of Warsaw, on ulica Tamka. Begun by the powerful Ostrogski family who gave their name to the building, it currently houses the Fryderyk Chopin Society and Fryderyk Chopin Museum.
Over a year ago Lance Grundy Great Britain From 28 July 2014 until 31 May 2015 the Polish Army Museum is hosting an exhibition on the First World War called "The Great War 1914-1918. The Real End of the Belle Epoque" [Wielka Wojna 1914-1918 Prawdziwy koniec Belle Epoque].
The Presidential Palace (in Polish, Pałac Prezydencki; also known as Pałac Koniecpolskich, Lubomirskich, Radziwiłłów, and Pałac Namiestnikowski) in Warsaw, Poland, is the elegant classicist latest version of a building that has stood on the Krakowskie Przedmieście site since 1643.
The Saxon Garden (Polish: Ogród Saski) is a 15.5–hectare public garden in central (Śródmieście) Warsaw, Poland, facing Piłsudski Square. It is the oldest public park in the city. Founded in the late 17th century, it was opened to the public in 1727 as one of the first publicly accessible parks in the world.
Sigismund's Column (Polish: Kolumna Zygmunta), originally erected in 1644, is located in Castle Square, Warsaw, Poland and is one of Warsaw's most famous landmarks. The column and statue commemorate King Sigismund III Vasa, who in 1596 had moved Poland's capital from Kraków to Warsaw.
St. John's Archcathedral in Warsaw (Polish: Archikatedra św. Jana w Warszawie) is a Roman Catholic church in Warsaw's Old Town. St. John's is one of three cathedrals in Warsaw, but the only one which is also an archcathedral. It is the mother church of the archdiocese of Warsaw. St.
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (Polish: Grób Nieznanego Żołnierza) is a monument in Warsaw, Poland, dedicated to the unknown soldiers who have given their lives for Poland. It is one of many such national tombs of unknowns that were erected after World War I, and the most important such monument in Poland.
Ujazdów Castle (Polish: Zamek Ujazdowski) is a castle in the historic Ujazdów district, between Ujazdów Park (Park Ujazdowski) and the Royal Baths Park (Łazienki Królewskie), in Warsaw, Poland. Its beginnings date to the 13th century, and it was rebuilt several times.
Botanic Garden of Warsaw University, Poland. Volume 2 Number 1 - December 1992. Hanna Werblan-Jakubiec & Lukasz Lukzaj. The first botanic garden in Warsaw was set up in 1811 near the university in the old town. It was moved in 1818 to the so called Royal Garden where it occupied a space of 22.5 ha and was officially opened in 1825.
Warsaw Barbican, seen from outside the Warsaw Old Town city walls. The Warsaw Barbican (Polish: barbakan warszawski) is a barbican (semicircular fortified outpost) in Warsaw, Poland, and one of few remaining relics of the complex network of historic fortifications that once encircled Warsaw.
The Warsaw Zoological Garden, known simply as the Warsaw Zoo (Polish: Warszawskie Zoo), is a scientific zoo located alongside the Vistula River in Warsaw, Poland. The zoo covers about 40 hectares (99 acres) in central Warsaw, and sees around 1,000,000 visitors annually, making it one of the busiest zoos in Europe.
Sixty nine years later, the Duchess gave Wilanów to her daughter and her husband, Stanislaw Kostka Potocki. Thanks to his efforts, one of the first museums in Poland was opened in the Wilanów Palace, in 1805. The exposition consists of two parts: on the main floor you will be able to see the royal apartments of the palace.