Buttermilk Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grahamsville, Vermont that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.
WATERBURY, Conn. (WTNH) — It was just a few weeks ago when Michael Salvio was beaming with excitement and pride. The community responded to his call to donate money so volunteers in his group, The Historic Overlook Community Club, could buy more than a hundred lilac trees and plants and plant them in Waterbury’s historic Fulton Park.
Holy Land USA was conceived by John Baptist Greco, a Waterbury-based attorney. Greco, a Roman Catholic, founded a volunteer organization called Companions of Christ, with the purpose of creating an attraction that would replicate Bethlehem and Jerusalem of the Biblical era. Construction commenced in 1955.
Approximately 90% of the Niagara River, after diversions for hydropower generation, flows over Horseshoe Falls. The remaining 10% flows over American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls. It is located between Terrapin Point on Goat Island in the US state of New York, and Table Rock in the Canadian province of Ontario.
By 1908, a trolley line was put through Middlebury and Lake Quassapaug became a summer resort. It featured swimming, a picnic grove, dancing and a carousel. In 1937, three Waterbury businessmen, John Frantzis, Mike Leon, and George Terezakis, bought the property.
Larkin State Park Trail Middlebury, Naugatuck, Oxford, Southbury: Stretching across four towns, this long and narrow state park trail combines enough remarkable history, geography and aesthetics to rate its 110 acres as one of the biggest and prettiest parks in Connecticut’s system.
The Museum houses an extensive lock collection that includes a Cannon Ball Safe, 30 early era time locks, Safe Escutcheon Plates, a large number of British Safe Locks, Door Locks, Padlocks, Handcuffs and Keys, and more. Tthe museum is directly across from the original site of the Eagle Lock Company, founded in 1854.
The Mattatuck Museum operates with support from the CT Dept. of Economic & Community Development, CT Office of the Arts which also receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency, and the State of Connecticut through the Consortium of Connecticut Art Museums.
OXFORD (AP) — A body has been discovered in Naugatuck State Forest. State police responded to the scene in Oxford around 3:15 p.m. Monday. Police say the cause of death does not appear to be criminal, and there is no threat to the public. No other details have been released.
Much of the hill is preserved within the Litchfield Land Trust's 328-acre Prospect Mountain Preserve. The Connecticut Forest and Park Association's blue-blazed Mattatuck Trail runs through the heart of the preserve, part of the 28-mile-long trail that runs from Wolcott to Waterbury.