The Carlton D. Wall House is a Frank Lloyd Wright designed home in Plymouth, Michigan. It is one of Wright's more elaborate Usonian homes. In 1941, recently married Mr. and Mrs. Carlton David Wall, who were Wright’s youngest clients, approached Wright to design a house for them after Carlton Wall studied Wright’s architecture in college.
Dynamite Park is a superfund site located at Ne1/4 Se1/4 Sec28 T2s R9e, Wayne, MI 48184. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) identifies sites such as Dynamite Park because they pose or had once posed a potential risk to human health and/or the environment due to contamination by one or more hazardous wastes.
The community park system consists of approximately 209 acres: 101 acres owned by the City, and 108 acres owned by the School District and several parochial schools. The Parks and Recreation Department works closely with the School District and volunteer organizations to assure full utilization of municipal and school facilities.
Get more of the space you need to spread out, relax or work at the smoke-free Comfort Suites hotel in Canton, MI located near the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport. Nearby destinations include the Henry Ford Museum, Oasis Golf Center, Canton Softball Center, Kellogg Park and Canton Farmers Market.
Newburgh Lake is a reservoir located just 3 miles from Westland, in Wayne County, in the state of Michigan, United States, near Livonia, MI. Fishermen will find a variety of fish including northern pike, pumpkinseed sunfish, largemouth bass, catfish, bullhead and sunfish here. Alternate names for this reservoir include Newburg Lake.
History The first white settler in Romulus was Samuel Polyne, a French-Canadian, who settled on section 2 in 1826, though he left soon after the township was organized in 1835. The first settler in the area that was the village of Romulus prior to the 1865 annexation of the whole village and township into one city was Samuel McMath, who moved from New York state to the area in 1827.
The Historical Museum, which maintains more than 100 exhibits, is located in downtown Wayne. The two-story building was constructed in 1878. The Village of Wayne and Nankin Township (Westland) occupied it. In 1900, the Village purchased fire equipment, which resulted in an addition being built to the facility to house the various tools.