Hamilton Park is a large 64 acre park located along Holliday Creek just north of Midwestern Parkway. It has a tennis center with 12 lighted courts and a pro shop. There is also a reservable picnic shelter with 6 tables, a public restroom, and 5 small picnic shelters.
Known as "Little Adobe" this pueblo revival building was constructed in 1928 to serve as the air terminal for Kell Field, the first municipal airport of Wichita Falls. In 1941 it was incorporated into Sheppard Field, a World War II Army Air Corps training center.
The Kell House is one of the most historically and architecturally significant buildings in Wichita Falls. The Museum features distinctive architecture designed by the local firm of Jones and Orlopp, original family furnishings, textiles, decorative arts, and historic costumes.
Kiwanis Park is a large 60 acre park located off Southwest Parkway east of Fairway. It has 4 lighted baseball fields, 2 public restrooms, and a large picnic shelter with 10 tables. There are also a large playground, 3 small shelters, and 3 barbeque grills.
Lake Wichita Park Lake Wichita Park is a large 234 acre park located on the north shore of Lake Wichita. Within the park itself is a 2.6 mile concrete hike and bike trail that runs from the southern tip of the park at Fairway Avenue to the dam on the lake.
Welcome to the Museum of North Texas History! Located at 720 Indiana in Downtown Wichita Falls, Texas, we are the only general history museum in the city. Due to air conditioning issues, we are currently open Thursday - Saturday from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Lake Wichita Park is a large 234 acre park located on the north shore of Lake Wichita. Within the park itself is a 2.6 mile concrete hike and bike trail that runs from the southern tip of the park at Fairway Avenue to the dam on the lake. The trail continues northward all the way to Lucy Park.
Conveniently located just off northbound Interstate 44, Scotland Park offers many amenities. There is a large reservable shelter that has 12 picnic tables and can hold 72 people, and there is also a shady gazebo picnic shelter which has 4 tables. Nearby there's a nice playground and an ornamental pond with a fountain.
Named after W.F. Weeks and Harry C. Weeks who donated 258 acres of land to the city for park use in 1926, it is the largest of the city’s parks. Located along both sides of Holliday Creek, it is bounded by Midwestern Parkway on the north and Southwest Parkway on the south.
Spudder Park Wichita Falls, TX. Spudder Park baseball stadium in Wichita Falls, TX was built for their first semi-pro baseball team, the Spudders. They had four. The teams' name derives from an association with the oil industry, specifically, a person who prepares and operates a rig for drilling oil wells.
Wichita Falls Railroad Museum in Wichita Falls Texas Wichita Falls Railroad Museum, a Museum, in Wichita Falls, TX 76301, address and phone number. Museums provide exhibits related to modern and fine arts, history, science and nature, dinosaurs, engineering and more.