The Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda opens daily from 6 am until 8 pm. Entrance fee is US$ 5 per person. The entrance fee is used for the upkeep of the temple grounds and the Reclining Buddha image as well as for the education of local monks of the Ashay Tawya monastery.
The Bogyoke Aung San Museum (Burmese: ဗိုလ်ချုပ် အောင်ဆန်း ပြတိုက်), located in Bahan, Yangon, is a museum dedicated to General Aung San, the founder of modern Myanmar (Burma). Established in 1962, the two-story museum was Aung San's last residence before his assassination in July 1947.
National Park and Roadside Attraction Driving time to the park from Yangon is minimum one hour despite being only 27km. The good news is that the majority of the park is made up of attractive marshland which surrounds a central lake. Picnic sites are scattered throughout. Wildlife-wise we saw a variety of bird species, deer, wild pigs and water ...
One of our top picks in Yangon. Inya Lake Hotel is a 20-minute drive from Shawedagong Pagoda and Bog Yoke Market. It offers rooms with free Wi-Fi and a private balcony. This 4-star property features an outdoor pool, a fitness centre and a tour desk. The hotel is a 25-minute drive to Mingaladon Airport and a 30-minute drive from Sule Pagoda.
Kaba Aye Pagoda (Burmese: ကမ္ဘာအေးစေတီ; pronounced [ɡəbàʔézèdì]; also spelt Gaba Aye Pagoda; lit. World Peace Pagoda), formally Thiri Mingala Gaba Aye Zedidaw, သီရိမင်္ဂလာကမ္ဘာအေးစေတီတော်), is a pagoda located on Kaba Aye Road, Mayangon Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Kandawgyi Lake (Burmese: ကန်တော်ကြီး pronounced [kàndɔ̀dʑí]; literally "great royal lake", formerly Royal Lake), is one of two major lakes in Yangon, Burma (Myanmar). Located east of the Shwedagon Pagoda, the lake is artificial; water from Inya Lake is channelled through a series of pipes to Kandawgyi Lake.
The Kheng Hock Keong, also known as the Kheng Hock Keong or Qingfu Temple, is the largest and oldest temple to the Chinese sea-goddess Mazu in Yangon, Burma. It is located on the corner of Sintodan Street and Strand Road in Latha Township. It was originally built as a wooden temple in 1861 and completed in 1863.
Maha Wizaya pagoda The Maha Wizaya Pagoda in Yangon is a very elegant structure on top of a small hill opposite the famous Shwedagon pagoda. The pagoda that is also called the Maha Vijaya Pagoda was completed in 1980 and is a mix of traditional and modern style elements.
The Martyrs' Mausoleum (Burmese: အာဇာနည်ဗိမာန်) is a Mausoleum in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma), located near the northern gate of Shwedagon Pagoda. The mausoleum is dedicated to Aung San and other leaders of the pre-independence interim government, all of whom were assassinated on 19 July 1947.
Thiri Mangalar Market. It’s a sprawling market, displaying the finest natural provisions of produce from around Myanmar (Burma). Just outside the central area of Yangon lies the scattered Thiri Mingalar Market – somewhat of a distribution and bulk fresh market.
The country’s first prime minister, Ba Maw, took office here in 1937. This was prescribed by the Government of Burma Act, which led to the separation of Burma from British India. The following year, student protesters in Mandalay demanded the release of anti-British activists. The movement escalated and reached Yangon.
National Races Village is located near Thanlyin Bridge. Thaketa Township. Yangon. National races village was constructed by Ministry of Progress of Border Areas and National Races and Development Affairs is situated in Tharketa Township. on the left of Yangon-Thanlyin Bridge.
Tags: Nawaday Tharlar Gallery Nawaday Tharlar Gallery opened May 2012 with a passion for sharing art and ideas in Yangon. Nawaday Tharlar is devoted to creating a space for freedom of expression and a place for people to come together and share their art, music, poetry, stories and for holding workshops.
The Nga Htat Gyi pagoda in Yangon is known for its enormous seated image of the Buddha. The pagoda is located in the Ashay Tawya Monastery, a little visited temple across the street from the Chauk Htat Gyi pagoda that houses a highly revered 65 meter long reclining Buddha image.
The Pegu Club was built in 1882 and is located just off Pyay Road in Yangon. It was a epitome of colonialism and privilege, serving British army officers and civilian administrators. Above, the building in its heyday (1910’s photo uncredited).
Pangolin Protective Equipment is Myanmar’s leading Safety and Workplace supplier. Established in August 2012, the company’s mission statement is “KEEPING MYANMAR SAFE”. We specialise in the supply of Personal Protection Equipment, Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies and Contractors’ Site Equipment.
About Sakura Tower. Sakura Tower is in the center of business downtown area of Yangon. It is located near major hotels and Yangon Central Station. There are banks, city office, and shopping malls in walking distance too. It was built in 1999 by a Japanese company together with architects Nihon Sekkei Inc and Konoike Construction Co Ltd.
Shri Kali Temple is a Hindu temple located in the undefined Little India in downtown Yangon, Burma. It was built by Tamil migrants in 1871, whilst Burma Province was part of British India. The temple is noted for its colorful architecture, especially its roof, which contains images and stone carvings of many Hindu gods.
Saint Mary's Cathedral or Immaculate Conception Cathedral is a Catholic cathedral located on Bo Aung Kyaw Street in Botahtaung Township, Yangon, Burma. The cathedral's exterior, of red brick, consists of spires and a bell tower. It was designed by Dutch architect Joseph Cuypers, son of Pierre Cuypers. The cathedral is the largest in Burma.
TAW WIN Art Gallery is one of the most remarkable art galleries in Yangon. Situated at the main entrance of Bogyoke Aung San Market ( also known as Scott Market ),it has been promoting Myanmar artists and their works since 2002.Here you can see some of the best paintings by Myanmar artists at reasonable prices.TAW […]
For those of you who want to visit, get there soon: on May 28, 2010, the government announced that Thiri Mingalar Zay would be relocated to Padauk Creek adjacent to Bayint Naung Road – in a newly constructed building. While safety (a fire engulfed another Yangon market just before the announcement), traffic and other reasons were behind the move, I wish the ambiance could be magically ported along with the vendors. It was one of my favourite mornings in Yangon.
The house, which belongs to the government, is a colonial era building within the Windermere compound in Yangon. U Thant lived there in the 1950s when he was Secretary to Prime Minster U Nu (whose official residence was nearby) before leaving to serve as Burma’s Permanent Representative to the UN in 1957.