The Bajrakli Mosque is the main Islamic cultural center in Belgrade. Today is a bit hidden in the environment of higher housing units in Gospodar Jevremova Street. Today is a bit hidden in the environment of higher housing units in Gospodar Jevremova Street.
The Ethnographic Museum in Belgrade was founded in 1901, when the Ethnographic Department was separated from the National Museum of Serbia. The inauguration of the first permanent exhibition of the museum was organized on 20 September 1904, during the centennial of the First Serbian Uprising.
Great War Island is a river island in Belgrade, capital of Serbia. It is located at the confluence of Sava and Danube rivers. Though uninhabited, the island is part of the Belgrade City proper, and belongs to the city municipality of Zemun.LocationGreat War Island is located at the mouth of the Sava river into the Danube, in the Danube's widening between the Kalemegdan fortress as the ending ...
Little Kalemegdan (Мали Калемегдански парк or Mali Kalemegdanski park) occupies the area in the eastern section, which borders the urban section of Belgrade. Northern section of Little Kalemegdan Park is occupied by the Belgrade Zoo, opened in 1936.
Belgrade Fortress is located on top of the cliff-like ridge overlooking the confluence of the Sava and the Danube. This is the last raised ground in the Balkan Peninsula that controls the access to the Pannonian Basin and the navigation on the Sava and the Danube.
On the south, halfway between the Great War Island and Ušće is the remnant of Little War Island.GeographyThe Great War Island is generally triangular in shape and covers an area of 2.11km². It is low, for the most part marshy and often flooded by the Danube.
The Military Museum (Serbian Latin: Vojni muzej) in Belgrade was founded in 1878. The museum has over 3000 ancient and modern items. These include Roman swords and helmets, Greek helmets and daggers, Serbian heavy knight's armor, axes, shields, helmets, crossbows, armoured gloves, as well as Western medieval weapons.
Memorial of gratitude to France in Belgrade’s Veliki Kalemegdan Park was formally unveiled on 11 November 1930, the 12th anniversary day of the end of the First World War, in the presence of King Alexander and Queen Maria, the royal government, the delegation of the French government, Serbian war veterans, distinguished citizens, associations, schools, and a large crowd of people.
The Museum of Applied Art (Serbian: Музеј примењене уметности / Muzej primenjene umetnosti) is an art museum in Belgrade, Serbia. The museum contains over 37,000 works of applied art, which reflect the development of applied art over a 2,400 year span. The oldest artifacts of the museum are Ancient Greek coins from the 4th century BC.
Museum of Contemporary Art (Serbian: Музеј савремене уметности / Muzej savremene umetnosti) is an art museum in Belgrade, Serbia that collects and displays art produced since 1900 in Serbia and former Yugoslavia. The museum also organizes international exhibitions of modern and contemporary art.
Museum was founded on 28 November 1950 under the decree of the Ministry for Science and Culture of Serbia. The idea of founding a Theatrical Arts museum began in 1901. Božić's House. The Museum of Theatrical Arts of Serbia is placed in Božić's House, which was built in 1836, for Belgrade merchant Miloje Božić.
The Museum of Vuk and Dositej is a memorial museum dedicated to two great personas of Serbian culture: Dositej Obradović, the member of the Enlightenment Movement and first Serbian Minister of Education and Vuk Karadžić, the reformer of Serbian language and creator of Serbian literary language.
On October 29, 2017, the 21 st Sunday after Pentecost, the feast of Martyr Longinus the Centurion who stood at the Cross of the Lord, the faithful and Christ-loving Orthodox people of the St. Petka Serbian Church in San Marcos festively and prayerfully celebrated their altar feast, their Church Slava of the Venerable Mother Paraskeva, St. Petka.
His Grace Bishop Jovan of Lipljan, vicar of Serbian Patriarch served yesterday, on the occasion of church slava, the Holy Hierarchal Liturgy in the church of Holy father Nicholas in Zemun. The oldest church in Zemun was built in 1745 in the spirit of the 18th century Serbian baroque style churches on the place of the older wooden church (it was mentioned in 1573).
The Cathedral Church of St. Michael the Archangel (Serbian: Саборна Црква Св. Архангела Михаила, Saborna Crkva Sv. Arhangela Mihaila) is a Serbian Orthodox cathedral church in the centre of Belgrade, Serbia, situated in the old part of the city, at the intersection of Kralja Petra and Kneza Sime Markovića streets.
The Yugoslav Film Archive is a film archive located in Belgrade, now in Serbia. It is a founding member of the International Federation of Film Archives and was the national film library of the former Yugoslavia and currently of the Republic of Serbia. It was founded in 1949.